What's new

87% of iPhone 4S Owners Use Siri

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

AppleInsider reports today on an unreleased study from consulting firm Parks Associates that polled 482 iPhone 4S owners about their use of Siri. The survey, which is due to be released later this week, found that 87% of iPhone 4S owners use at least one of Siri’s features each month. However, the survey also found that the majority of iPhone 4S users don’t make use of Siri’s variety of different features, and instead only tend to use Siri to carry out basic phone tasks such as initiating phone calls, which was actually already available as a feature on previous versions of the iPhone without Siri. The survey found that approximately one third of users used Siri to make phone calls, send texts or look up information, but other features such as playing music and arranging meetings were less frequently used, with only 32% and 35% respectively. As far as Siri’s email features are concerned, the survey found that 30% of users never use these features, whereas 26% say that they use Siri to dictate mail on an almost daily basis. As far as the respondents overall view of Siri is concerned, 55% of users were satisfied with Siri, and just 9% said that they were unsatisfied, with the others taking the middle ground.

Source:Siri used by 87% of iPhone 4S owners, study claims

Last edited by a moderator:
Hhmmmm......87%. That sounds about rite.

From the article:

Consulting firm Parks Associates surveyed 482 owners of Apple's iPhone 4S

482 owners is a really, REALLY small number when the 4s is out there in the millions. And adding that to the fact that siri is supporting only a few languages, it's non-representative about the amount of users the service has.

In my experience, I only use siri for some basic stuff such as timers, alarms, reminders and the sporadic web search, mostly because where I live is a spanish-speaking country (Argentina) and most people I know don't have extensive knowledge in the english language so, unless the spanish language is added, sending texts and mails are almost useless to me (as I think it would be to many other people whose language is unsupported).

Pretty interesting. I know I've only surveyed a very very very small representative of the 4s population, but no one I have talked to with a 4s uses Siri, except to have fun with questioning her in abstract ways. :D (did I mention really small sample of the 4s users. Probably 8-10. LOL!)

xrayeyes said:
Pretty interesting. I know I've only surveyed a very very very small representative of the 4s population, but no one I have talked to with a 4s uses Siri, except to have fun with questioning her in abstract ways. :D (did I mention really small sample of the 4s users. Probably 8-10. LOL!)

Not to mention the older less technology savy people that do nothing with there $600 smart phone but make calls with.lol

I get frustrated with it, when it was new, I kept trying and about 50% of the time it wouldn't work. Maybe if I made
an effort everyday, but its so much faster to push and zip around the phone that talk and wait for her. Maybe if I
drove more it would be more useful . . . but not worth the extra money I spent looking at it now.

87% ?!!!!!! Among my family and friends who use the 4S, it's closer to 10%.

Really, Siri is a piece of crap.

perezr10 said:
87% ?!!!!!! Among my family and friends who use the 4S, it's closer to 10%.

Really, Siri is a piece of crap.

Wow..."piece of crap"....that's a little harsh don't ya think? Just because you have no interest in using it doesnt make it a piece of crap.lol.

I have no interests in using Siri...but I definitely don't think it's a piece of crap.lol. Just something I don't use.lol.

I use Siri daily for almost all of the features that Apple showed in their several videos on the topic. She works nearly flawlessly for me and I've actually been able to cut down a full-time human administrative assistant to half time because of the work Siri does for me. This is no exaggeration. It's one of the most brilliant additions to the smart phone ever created. As with anything (like getting around iTunes properly) you have to do your homework and learn what she can be asked and what she can't be asked. Most people simply don't know how to use Siri or understand the extent to which she can be used.

I simply don't know how I did daily communication/scheduling life before Siri.

People who call Siri "a piece of crap" are simply clueless as to how to use her.

As a 4S owner. I never use Siri honestly. Idk why I even upgraded. The voice recognition just isn't the greatest whenever the user has an accent.

As a 4S owner. I never use Siri honestly. Idk why I even upgraded. The voice recognition just isn't the greatest whenever the user has an accent.
Yes. Accents are a problem for some with Siri. Fortunately it's not a problem I experience when dictating to Siri.

pianoman said:
Yes. Accents are a problem for some with Siri. Fortunately it's not a problem I experience when dictating to Siri.

I mean it was made by Americans, for Americans. .....then the other languages were added.