What's new

6S plus or iphone 7 dilemma/decision?

Cadorette

Reaction score
Hey all first post. Have 2 options for tomorrow.
Option 1: buy an iPhone 6s 64gb for $250 cash, then sell my V10 for 200 basically getting a 6S plus for $50.
Option 2: trade the V10 plus an additional $100 for an iPhone 7.
Any thoughts on the better deal?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Cadorette!

If possible, get the latest hard- and software. My recommendation would be to buy the iPhone 7, if you can afford it.
Make sure you get enough storage space as well. You won't be able to extend it. There's no possibility to use an extra SD card, or a regular USB flash drive with an iPhone.

Thanks. I'm leaning towards it. Basically I'll be selling this v10 regardless. So if I trade it plus 100 for an iPhone 7 I'm basically getting an iPhone 7 for $100. It's either that or the other deal where I end up with a 6S plus for basically $50.

I would go for the iPhone 7, I agree with J .A. Always get the latest you can afford, It will pay off in the long run, You will be paying a bit more now but you will recoup that in resale value when you come to sell it on.

I would also choose the iPhone 7. The latest software is designed for the iP7. Things will work better on it, especially the new Home Button.

The iPhone 7 is designed to use all the features of iOS 10. The camera is much better. Both iPhone 7 models are water resistant and since it's currently the newest design, it wil be supported longer.

Hey all first post. Have 2 options for tomorrow.
Option 1: buy an iPhone 6s 64gb for $250 cash, then sell my V10 for 200 basically getting a 6S plus for $50.
Option 2: trade the V10 plus an additional $100 for an iPhone 7.
Any thoughts on the better deal?
Definitely spring for the 7!!!! My son has the Jet Black version while I still have the 6sPlus. My graphics are great, but somehow his graphics are PHENOMENAL!! Not sure HOW Apple manages to outdo themselves time and time again. But they do!! My 7 will be wrapped and under the Christmas tree.

Thanks everyone for the replies! Looks like a landslide victory lol. While I prefer the bigger plus size I think the newest and best is the best pick for an extra $50. Thanks a lot everyone

Thanks everyone for the replies! Looks like a landslide victory lol. While I prefer the bigger plus size I think the newest and best is the best pick for an extra $50. Thanks a lot everyone
You're welcome. If you have any questions once you receive your new iPhone 7 we're here to help.

I would above grab the iPhone 7
For me it may not be worth it-
Just keep my 6s Plus
I am debating
I have way many cases and I'm sad I can't keep them if I upgrade [emoji42]

I suppose it all depends on your needs. Some folks like to upgrade as soon as possible to the latest and greatest, and others stick with what works for them and dismiss upgrades until necessary. I'll be sticking with my 6s for now and will look at the iPhone 8 and see how it can fit into my needs.