What's new

5s Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgeman

Reaction score
Hello all from Marysville,KS (a 1 horse town) on the Verizon Network
Purchased a 5s for the wife last week.
Her phone is showing LTE & 3G at various times. Is this normal?
Also . . . a few people she was talking too complained of "tinny sound" and other calls would
cut out. She has the Lifeproof case installed.
Should we consider returning it to Best Buy for another phone?
Thank You for any & all advise . . .

I can't speak for the US networks but I had an iPhone 5 and I now have a 5S and they both switch from 3G to LTE in certain area on the Telus network in Canada.

If the sound is constantly bad or tinny, it won't hurt to talk to Bestbuy about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I should have mentioned the the back and forth signal is from the same spot in my house.

It could be the location. Mine does it constantly at work but in other locations it's quite a bit more stable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Signal strength etc can change without the phone moving. As far as the tinny soun goes, it could be the case.
test it without the case.

Not sure do u have another smart phone to compare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all from Marysville,KS (a 1 horse town) on the Verizon Network
Purchased a 5s for the wife last week.
Her phone is showing LTE & 3G at various times. Is this normal?
Also . . . a few people she was talking too complained of "tinny sound" and other calls would
cut out. She has the Lifeproof case installed.
Should we consider returning it to Best Buy for another phone?
Thank You for any & all advise . . .

I suggest you to return it. It is not worth it if you have problem. You will keep having it ...

That is strange but glad it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a new iphone 5s from japan,model A1453.that's problem will i'l back this my country (malaysian) cannot used this iphone,Maybe unlock sim..pls help?

I have a new iphone 5s from japan,model A1453.that's problem will i'l back this my country (malaysian) cannot used this iphone,Maybe unlock sim..pls help?

Yes check a unlock sim or if your willing to spend money you can buy a software unlock

Yes check a unlock sim or if your willing to spend money you can buy a software unlock

There's no such thing as a software unlock for the iPhone 5. Software unlocks only work on the 3G, 3GS and a handful of remaining iPhone 4's which still have the 01.59.00 baseband

Status
Not open for further replies.