What's new

5.1 jailbreak for A5/A5X devices still "weeks away" at the soonest

Jmills87

Reaction score
Pod2g posted on Twitter earlier today that the Chronic-Dev team has pieces of a userland jailbreak going for an untethered 5.1 jailbreak, however, he said that they are still missing pieces and that even if they had all the pieces it would still be "weeks" before it was packaged and ready for public release. Looks like we are still at least a month out :/

https://twitter.com/#!/pod2g/status/185625285763411968

I think they do have an untethered for A4 devices. Shouldn't they just release that and continue working on A5 and don't let A4 untether wait for A5 :/

I think they do have an untethered for A4 devices. Shouldn't they just release that and continue working on A5 and don't let A4 untether wait for A5 :/

If they had an untether for A4 and lower devices they would have released it already. I'm sure the A4 will come first though.

Jmills87 said:
If they had an untether for A4 and lower devices they would have released it already. I'm sure the A4 will come first though.

There is already an untether for 5.1.....and it's buggy as hell, and uses developer files that are illegal to distribute.

They don't release an untether just because they have an untether...they release it when it's stable and can be packaged for the end user to user.

There have been plenty of "announced"untethered jailbreaks in the past that took weeks and weeks to release...even tho they announced the untether exploit was found long before the release.

There is already an untether for 5.1.....and it's buggy as hell, and uses developer files that are illegal to distribute.

They don't release an untether just because they have an untether...they release it when it's stable and can be packaged for the end user to user.

There have been plenty of "announced"untethered jailbreaks in the past that took weeks and weeks to release...even tho they announced the untether exploit was found long before the release.

Having an exploit is not the same as having an untethered jailbreak. I meant that if they had an untethered jailbreak completed, they would have released it already.

Jmills87 said:
Having an exploit is not the same as having an untethered jailbreak. I meant that if they had an untethered jailbreak completed, they would have released it already.

Of coarse.....if it was "completed".

Well, I am anxiously awaiting the 5.1 untethered JB.... but thiis time it's not so bad, since I am sticking with my untethered 5.01 JB. I can live with this forever if need be - if they NEVER find an untethered JB for 5.1, so be it - I am jailbroken on 5.01 so I am good lol.

The wait to jailbreak my 4S the first time was pretty hard... but I can wait as long as it takes this time since I am already jailbroken on the old OS :)

Take care,
Rob

I really hope any jailbreak comes to 5.1 iPhone 4S I updated with out really thinking twice about it feel bad about it.

Really hope this jb comes out soon... Why is this jb taking so long? Does apple do major config changes to each update? Or is the dream team taking their time because jb are "free"? ( sorry to seem impatient)

Really hope this jb comes out soon... Why is this jb taking so long? Does apple do major config changes to each update? Or is the dream team taking their time because jb are "free"? ( sorry to seem impatient)

The exploit that was used in previous jailbreaks was patched by Apple, there are only so many exploits available and each time Apple patches them, they have to find new ones. These people do have full-time jobs as well, so they can't dedicate 100% of their time to it, but they are working as fast as they can.