What's new

4s Virgin mobile UK

JDBurnie

Reaction score
I've cut down my virgin SIM, and ive had an iphone 4 before, and i didnt receive mobile data, so i tampered with it and got it with some hardship, through a website on the mobile browser connected to my wifi.
However im now goingto be getting a 4s and wondering whether it will get data on Virgin, ive read around and apparently it will work, just wanting to know if anyone could confirm this? OR give me a fix if it wont work
THANKS

I've cut down my virgin SIM, and ive had an iphone 4 before, and i didnt receive mobile data, so i tampered with it and got it with some hardship, through a website on the mobile browser connected to my wifi.
However im now goingto be getting a 4s and wondering whether it will get data on Virgin, ive read around and apparently it will work, just wanting to know if anyone could confirm this? OR give me a fix if it wont work
THANKS

The settings automatically update so it should not be a problem, Just FYI I would not upgrade to the 4S from the 4 as a new iphone is likely to come in the next 4-5 months and will be a much more worth while upgrade then the 4S and Siri does not even work properly work in the uk.. but if you have the spare cash then why not :D

Ahh yes i know, i went in the Virgin store today and he confirmed that it will work :) Its because my phone broke and i am getting one dirt cheap, but my contract runs out in December so ill be getting the next iphone then :) Thankyou!!

Just to try this !! if it makes calls but no data service it's because iphone run on GSM networks and virgin mobile work on CDMA networks ( this is in the UK for me not sure about anywhere else ) so you need to change your APN carrier settings the best way that work for me is to go to this site

Conect your iphone to WiFi first

Then go too the below web site

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

At the bottom of the page ( in the middle ) click create APN

Then pick your country for me it was the UK

then pick your carrier VIRGIN

Then click create

It will then say verified and bring a app to install to your phone install it and I turned the phone off turned WiFi off and it worked spot on HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE CHEERS