What's new

4S SIM tray not flush

bleached4S

Reaction score
My 4S sim tray isn't flush with the stainless steel band. The bottom side (with the pin hole) is raised slightly above, and the other side seems slightly recessed. I have removed and reinserted the tray several times and it still wont sit flush.

Anyone else with a 4/4S notice this on your phone?

This is on my replacement 4S. Just got my 4S replaced today at Apple due to issues where I couldn't hear the other line during calls. I don't believe my other 4S had this issue.

I'm not going to replace for this, but I was wondering if others noticed this.

Personally haven't seen my SIM tray since December of last year, that's when I installed an Otterbox Defender. Granted I clean it once a month, but never noticed it sticking out.

Hmm, thanks both for responding.

Do you think this is something to worry about at all?

I know it's only a cosmetic issue, I hope, and I have a case so it is covered. But my warranty is up in December, so I don't want this SIM tray crapping out on me. I gotta keep this phone for at least another year. :)

Last edited:
If you think you can live with it the way it is then just enjoy your device. But if it's worrying you that much then take it in and see what they say about it

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Really? My warranty still says it expires on my original expiration date from my first 4S.

Maybe I'll call Apple tomorrow and ask about the sim tray. Wouldnt hurt.

Well just to update: took my 4S into Apple, wondering if they could tinker with it, and/or switch out the SIM tray.

The guy went into the back, fiddled with it for about 20 minutes, came back out and it still looked crooked, recessed on one side/protruding on other. Guy offered to swap it out. New one is perfect. Except my mute switch seems to have 3 positions. Instead of just clicking to each side, it almost has a click in the middle. Whatever, I'm keeping it :) On a positive note: my new 4S has a extremely bluer screen, compared to my previous warmer, yellow tinted. The display is so much brighter looking. I like it.

Last edited: