What's new

4S corrupts images upon editing...

Tonecrafter

Reaction score
I've only had my 4S for a couple days, but I've noticed a problem. When I transfer the photos to my PC to edit them... I get an error saying there is a problem with the photos properties and I cannot save. The issue seems to only happen if I take photos using the volume button to snap them. Some kind of orientation issue possibly? I've seen a few others on the internet posting about similar issues. Anyone here seen this?

What program are you using to edit them on your desktop? Are you emailing the picture or using the sync cable to get the file off the phone?

I emailed a full sized picture taken with the volume buttons and edited it in paint and could save it without an error.

What program are you using to edit them on your desktop? Are you emailing the picture or using the sync cable to get the file off the phone?

I emailed a full sized picture taken with the volume buttons and edited it in paint and could save it without an error.

I used drop box and I used the sync cable. Most (but not all) photos using windows photo gallery will not let me edit/save the pictures. I can edit and save them in paint or photoshop, but otherwise I get an error. Only seems to happen with photos taken using the volume buttons and that orientation.