What's new

4s Battery Life... has this ever been really resolved?

kurtataltos

Reaction score
Has Apple ever resolved their app flaw causing the 4s battery to last 2-3 hours?

My battery last 2.5 hours today. Yesterday it was 18. Day before...2 hours.... Yes, I have followed the multitude of suggestions on line. I have replaced the battery. Either the phone lasts 2 hours or... a lot more. I don't trust it anymore and buying a new Apple phone is absurd. If Apple can't solve this problem on a 4s why should I believe they can solve it on a newer phone. And why do I have to buy a new phone to solve what is obviously an Apple problem? I have had the carrier check out the phone, including settings. It should run for days. Frankly, it's making an Android look a lot better.

Is there a fix? One that actually works?

Thanks !

The wife, daughter, and myself all have the 4s. We are moderate to heavy users and haven't heard of the battery problem. Usually under heavy use I can get almost 24 hrs. Moderate use almost 48 hrs. Don't know if we have been lucky or what??

I did notice once in a while (not too often) certain apps I downloaded were battery hogs. When that was the case I delete them if there is no way to control the issue through settings. Because of this, I only download one new app at a time and try it out to rule out cellular or battery hogs. Hope you can get the issue resolved. 2.5 hour battery life won't cut it for me.

I remember there being a battery issue but it was a problem in IOS 5 which was fixed.
I had a 4s and got great battery life and my son has it now with no problems.

I had the same problem. My issue was I had sand in the charger port. It shorts something out and kills the battery. I thought it was an app draining power, turns out it just needed a cleaning. Good luck

Our company had 500 of the 4s phones. Some had great battery life, others were horrible. I ended up buying High Capacity batteries and installed them in the phones that had issues. Cheap and easy to do. The OEM battery is 1640 MiliAmps. The High Capacity was 2480 MiliAmps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Apple ever resolved their app flaw causing the 4s battery to last 2-3 hours?

My battery last 2.5 hours today. Yesterday it was 18. Day before...2 hours.... Yes, I have followed the multitude of suggestions on line. I have replaced the battery. Either the phone lasts 2 hours or... a lot more. I don't trust it anymore and buying a new Apple phone is absurd. If Apple can't solve this problem on a 4s why should I believe they can solve it on a newer phone. And why do I have to buy a new phone to solve what is obviously an Apple problem? I have had the carrier check out the phone, including settings. It should run for days. Frankly, it's making an Android look a lot better.

Is there a fix? One that actually works?
Thanks !

Have you checked what apps are using the battery? Look at General/usage/battery usage. You will be able to identify what apps are using the battery and their respective percentage of use.
I have a 4s and consistently get 24hrs plus.

Last edited:
How old is the phone? Batteries start to deteriorate after two years. Also do you use it till it's dead? The batteries in most cell phones don't like to be fully drained, it shorts the batteries life.

I bought my iPhone 4s last year February and on iOS 8.3 my battery life lasts between 3-3.5 hours.