What's new

3GS Contract up on 5/22/13 -- What can I do or use the phone with after I cancel.

scrabble

Reaction score
I am cancelling my 3gs on 5/22/2013 after a two year contract ends. Can anyone advise me what I can do or use the phone (please be specific) with after I cancel with AT&T? Thank you.

I'm slightly confused with your question, are you asking what model you should buy next or what company will accept your old phone?

Sorry, I didn't mean for my question to be confusing - nothing to do with a model to buy or anything about a company buying the 3GS phone. My simple question is what are my options to do with a 3gs phone after I cancel the contract with AT&T on 5/22/13? Can it be used for anything whatsoever, or is it just a dead phone? I am not very good with technical issues and would just like to know what to do with the phone, should I throw it into a drawer, or can it be used in any shape or form after cancellation? The monthly cost is $82 and this is too costly for me to keep. Thanks much.

In my opinion, the easiest thing for you to do, is to sell it on Craigslist for cash. If you use Craigslist, meet in a public busy place.

Actually if you want to keep your iphone and use it since your contract is up and I know the plans price is too high you can set it up like a gophone and use it on the 50 monthly plan that's what I've done and it works fine

I get service from the for under $20/month. Course I have my own wifi network, so I don't need/have much of a data plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
My iPhone 3gs sat unused for a couple years. I used a iPhone 4, then 4s. While I like the 4s, I've activated an unused number to have my 3gs to use again. So, I do not recommend you sell or give away your 3gs if it is still working. To me, the shape and therefore, the feel of the 3 series iPhone is what I would want in a new iPhone 6.

Apple....are you listening........?