What's new

3gs 5.1 6.15.00 Curious about iPad unlock

bobthemagicmoose

Reaction score
The phone I have is of little value to me and I want to sell it. I have jailbroken it and now need to unlock it. Will there ever be an ultrasn0w unlock that doesn't require the iPad bb? Is uploading the iPad bb reversible? Would I be better just selling it as a locked att phone? Pretty much, what should I do :), I don't want to upload the iPad bb and then regret it.
Thanks in advance!
-Scott

Hi Scott. A 3GS that you've updated to iOS 5.1 means you're Baseband is @ 5.16.05. Do you know how old the iPhone is? I ask because, any 3GS made after week 35 of 2011 is not compatible w/ the iPad BB.

It says "Modem Firmware.... 06.15.00" mine is week 42 of '09. Thanks
Oh ok... since you're already on the 6.15.00 BB there's no way to upgrade/downgrade to another BB... ever. So, the only option for the 3GS you have is the 6.15.00 BB is on and adding ultrasn0w for the Unlock.

Oh ok... since you're already on the 6.15.00 BB there's no way to upgrade/downgrade to another BB... ever. So, the only option for the 3GS you have is the 6.15.00 BB is on and adding ultrasn0w for the Unlock.

I have tried unlocking with ultrasn0w fixer then ultrasn0w as well as ultrasn0w by itself with no luck. It says I have no sim card inserted. Are you sure the 6.15.00 bb is unlockable without the iPad BB?

Thanks

If you restored a factory firmware after you had already installed the iPad baseband, that corrupted your baseband. You will have to reinstall the iPad baseband in order for the unlock to work. In the future, you should always restore a custom firmware when updating or restoring, restoring a factory firmware on a device with the iPad baseband will always corrupt the baseband.

Thanks a bunch, yall are awesome! I acquired the phone not knowing its history so this helps a lot. Thanks!