What's new

3G phone issues

leisnstu

Reaction score
Bought an iPhone straight from Apple for my wife as a present and lately, after upgrading to Ios5, she had endless issues with the phone continually turning off. Does anyone else have this issue? The phone is six months old
And Apple want to charge a service fee to even look at it. Does anyone else have this type of issue and what solution is there? Many thanks!!

the iphone 3G does not support any of the ios 5 firmwares or any firmware newer then 4.2.1 but the devices lagged very badly on ios 4.XX so I would downgrade to 3.1.2 if it is the iphone 3G BUT apple do not sell them any more so are you sure its a 3G and not 3GS?

hi, ive got same problems aswell, phone did freeze a bit before installing ios5 like you say turns off , attempt to dial a number and end call but it wont, sent off to apple via o2 shop and got this reply-
Thank you for sending your Mobile Phone to us for Repair. Unfortunately your handset is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty so we have raised the following estimate for you:
Your handset has been assessed by one of our Apple engineers and to perform a repair, this handset requires a new Housing Case. The price quoted is fully inclusive of a full repair and installation of the latest version of manufacturer software.
Estimated Cost:
Grand Total: £119.00
This is a fixed price estimate based upon a pre-repair assessment of your handset.
The job may be subject to re-estimate if other components are found to be faulty, or if the product is not on our current supported list.
Action Required:
The following options are available:
1) Accept the estimate.
2) Refuse the estimate and authorize the destruction of the handset free of charge.
3) Refuse the estimate and request the return of the product.

by the sounds of it they havnt even opened it up yet to check it out but are saying the case is nackerd. its got a deepish scratch on the top right hand corner,
i have warranty on it til 04/01/2012 but not fot the case apperently.
simon.