What's new

3g newbie needs help please

earlybill1

Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me a 3g iPhone and I need help to figure this thing out. OK I also have a droidx n I love it I have all the goodies one could ask for jailbroke,pb2.2,running miui.us dev and alot more. So I know a bit on jailbreaking n flashing roms but not on iPhone 3g over search web n forums but all threads relate to other iPhones also I wanna find safe n easy way to jailbreak plus flash all the roms til I get bored so if be one can give me sum links r step by step advice it will help plus I want to learn more about what my prepaid options are n wifi all the good root apps thanks for all the help I hope this forum is as good to me as droidx forums

earlybill1 said:
A friend of mine gave me a 3g iPhone and I need help to figure this thing out. OK I also have a droidx n I love it I have all the goodies one could ask for jailbroke,pb2.2,running miui.us dev and alot more. So I know a bit on jailbreaking n flashing roms but not on iPhone 3g over search web n forums but all threads relate to other iPhones also I wanna find safe n easy way to jailbreak plus flash all the roms til I get bored so if be one can give me sum links r step by step advice it will help plus I want to learn more about what my prepaid options are n wifi all the good root apps thanks for all the help I hope this forum is as good to me as droidx forums

A 3G can only go to iOS 4.2.1 unless you install a Whited00r IPSW.

Jailbreaking an iPhone is not like rooting an Android. They do the same thing, but everything is just different.

You can install Emulators from Cydia to play ceretain games, but it is mostly not needed anymore as the app store has a lot of those games that you use ROMs for on an Droid already.

I would start with downloading redsn0w 0.9.6rc16.

But the latest redsn0w is 0.9.10b8b and I'm not sure if it supports devices that old. Probably does.

Thank for quick reply what does ios mean n all I need to do is Google snow thing u put down n follow instructions rite

I own a DroidX also, and an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1. Android and Apple differ greatly. On Android you can flash different ROMs that are your underlying operating system, and then themes and tweaks.
On iPhone you jailbreak and that process installs an operating system (help me here) that's pretty much like stock but it can be tweaked and the UI can be customized. There are no ROMs, per se, to flash. Once jailbroken, you're limited to installing themes, and operating system tweaks.
Hope that helps, and hope I'm correct, but I'm not aware of any other so-called ROMs other than the OS installed by the method chosen to jailbreak.