What's new

3G being funny

jcgss77

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a 3G and I am trying to get the problems figured out. Here is the history:

There were multiple unlock/jailbreak attempts, all of which failed.
The wifi only connects for a few seconds at a time, disconnects, then goes into search mode again.

The iPhone has been restored since then, and the wifi still acts up. I did do the adapter reset fix, which only was temporary. I would like to jailbreak it, and maybe unlock it too, but one step at a time.

The version is 4.2.1(8C148)
Firmware is 05.15.04

Can anyone help me to at least get it smooth again, is this permanent damage, and can I jailbreak this thing? Thank you!

Shaun

the iphone 3G does not handle ios 4.XX very well so this is why it lags so badly, I would advise you downgrade to the latest 3.1.3 firmware, yo wont get as much features but it will be stable at least, firmwares can be found here : iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From and then shift/option restore depending on if you are on mac or windows shift is for windows users.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I will downgrade the firmware promptly. Thanks again!