What's new

3194 error, hosts, tiny umbrella Cannot fix!!

jadefox

Reaction score
Hey all,

i trying to restore my iphone 4, its in DFU mode, its has 4.3.1 but no matter what i try i cannot force itune to load any ios on it (error3194). i have followed COUNTLESS guide on how to edit host all of which have not fixed my problem and i have unticked the cydia box in tiny umbrella again not fixing it, please help im pulling my hair out!

Hi there, did you edit your hosts file to remove gs.apple.com line?

Is your phone factory unlocked? (just wanna make sure so I don't give you wrong directions as to what to do)

It is factory unlocked and i added the gs.apple line to my hosts. my hosts didnt exist at first so i had to make one

no, you have to DELETE the gs.apple.com line, not add it.

I am not sure what you are trying to do with tinyumbrella there.

Go to your hosts file, DELETE the gs.apple.com line, then put the phone in DFU mode, download the 5.0.1 ipsw from here

iOS 5.0.1 IPSW Download For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch - Jailbreak ...

a
nd hold down shift button and click on RESTORE and choose the ipsw you downloaded in the window that pops up, and hit OPEN.

And the procedure will start.

If you are trying to restore to 4.3.1 its not gonna happen without saved SHSH (just saying, not sure if you were trying to do that)

Last edited:
sorry. completely fogot to mention i want to stay on ios 4.3.1 / 4.3.5

it keeps giving me the 3194 message becuase of 5.0.1

You cannot stay in 4.3.1/4.3.5 without saved shsh.

Do you have them saved? You could always go back to 4.1, because that one is still signed by Apple.

im pretty sure i do, think i saved them in cydia tho im not sure how to find out 100%

Follow these steps for error 3194

NOTE: you will need TinyUmbrella and also edit your Host file

STEP #1: Open Tinyumbrella and save your SHSH Blobs
then check what firmwares you can downgrade to or use as a custome firmware-TAP GENERAL TAB to check

STEP #2: Tap on the advance tab and UNCHECK (Set host to Cydia…. And UNCHECK Request SHSH from

STEP #3: Close TinyUmbrella and go to your Host file
WINDOWS USERS
•local disk(c)
•windows
•system 32
•drivers
•etc

STEP #4: IF you have host.umbrella delete it

STEP #5: edit your host file it should look like this

NOTE: At this point I’m assuming you guys already have your custom firmware

STEP #6: Now open TinyUmbrella and START TSS SERVER, minimize the page

STEP #7: now open iTunes and SHIFT &RESTORE now let it do it’s thing.

NOTE: keep iTunes close at all times iTunes will open when you go into DFU mode just close it down. Open iTunes as you would need to in order to proceed STEP #7

Wow thank you, its now working. EVERY other guide did not... unbelievable...

now getting the error 1604. yay apple :/

made no difference, i know for sure i used at least 2 different usb 2.0 ports, about 4 usb in total

jezus christ, restarted, opened tiny umbrella, opened iREB, tried it now 2005 error!

jadefox said:
jezus christ, restarted, opened tiny umbrella, opened iREB, tried it now 2005 error!

If you follow the steps below you shouldn't have got no problem trust I went through it all this is how your host file should look in order for it to go well

$image-3244685300.jpg