2013 Toyota 4Runner

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by zdwpa1, Apr 3, 2017.

1. zdwpa1

zdwpa1 New Member

How do you program an Iphone 7+ on '13 4Runner....iPhone 5 and 6 worked fine.

Thanks for any help.

2. Old Goat Ninja

Old Goat Ninja Well-Known Member

I don't have a 4Runner, but I do connect my phones to my car, and my 7+ connected to my car just like my other phones did. Nothing was different.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcginners

mcginners New Member

Did you connect the other 2? It probably works in exactly the same way, just connect via bluetooth.

4. zdwpa1

zdwpa1 New Member

Other (pre Ip 7) Bluetooth connected w some difficulty. IP 7 only w RCA wire into AUX. Toyota uses a MS sound uprogram. Ford (Lincoln) an Apple based program as best I can tell from personal experience. Toyota dealer was clueless.

5. Old Goat Ninja

Maybe. Mine is a Ford and connecting was super simple, too simple. Kind of cool though, my phone automatically knows where my car is all the time. As soon as I open maps it shows me where my car is.

• Like Like x 3
  6. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

That would certainly make it easy to find your car in one of those huge parking lots.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. zstairlessone

zstairlessone Well-Known Member

Must be newer, my 2012 Ford with Sync has issues, drops the Bluetooth connection in the middle of calls and I have to pull over, turn the key off and open the door to be able to re-connect.

Making calls is a 'Hey Siri' interaction because the vehicle system may call anyone in my address book (Fred when I say George for instance) or insists someone isn't in my address book. Toyota cannot be this hard

• Like Like x 2
  8. Old Goat Ninja

Mine is a 2012 too, but it has the Titanium package, plus every other option you can possibly get for that year, so it connects good. Lately I can't answer calls with it anymore. I can, but I can't hear anything, not sure why. Outgoing calls are fine though. It'll probably always be that way now though because Ford already said no more updates. 5 year old car and they stopped doing updates before I even paid it off. Weak.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zstairlessone

zstairlessone Well-Known Member

I never looked into updates, maybe mine can be updated to the version you have. I'll check online or with Ford. Thanks for the info!