What's new

14 Pro Max won't connect to Xfinity Gateway

Owen5819

Reaction score
I don't recall the exact words, but it complained about a frequency conflict. I assume it wants to use the 5GHz band, and the Gateway is already there. Xfinity declines to help because "there are too many kinds of phone for them to keep track of." Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Or must I demote the system to an older, much slower modem? Thanks for any help.

I don't recall the exact words, but it complained about a frequency conflict. I assume it wants to use the 5GHz band, and the Gateway is already there. Xfinity declines to help because "there are too many kinds of phone for them to keep track of." Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Or must I demote the system to an older, much slower modem? Thanks for any help.
Can you split the two bands on the Xfinity Gateway? I had to do that on a previous router before I could connect a MacBook.

Don't quite know what you mean about splitting the two bands. Dividing the 5GHz band so each device can use half of it? I don't know, and I don't know how. It sounds like a solution, though. I will look into it. Thanks for your help.

Usually a router transmits 2.4 and 5 GHz simultaneously. You can on some routers change this so that you can choose which band a device connects to.