What's new

11.3 Update & Mail Notifications

Oh, I had no idea of that. Thank you very much, Ledsteplin. :)

As explained in my previous post, you can turn off Mail Notifications in Settings.

^^^ I do not want to turn off mail notifications for gmail. I want my gmail notifications. I do not want the Apple mail notifications because I do not use that programme. It has had too many problems for me, so I stopped using it in about 2011-2012. My last comment was about the gmail notifications that seem to be at the top of the phone as it were. I never noticed them there before. I thought they were new to the most recent updates to the iphone OS.

^^^ I do not want to turn off mail notifications for gmail. I want my gmail notifications. I do not want the Apple mail notifications because I do not use that programme. It has had too many problems for me, so I stopped using it in about 2011-2012. My last comment was about the gmail notifications that seem to be at the top of the phone as it were. I never noticed them there before. I thought they were new to the most recent updates to the iphone OS.
I think Caroline was trying to convey you can turn off the each email provider notifications without turning them all off. So in your case you would turn off Apple email notification but keep gmail notifications. And it seems you have done what works best for you.

^^^ Yes, it is a shame Apple's mail programme does not work for me. No matter, though. I am happy with gmail. :)

I have another problem since the update. Every time I go into a store, Siri stops working. Anyone know why? Anyone else having this problem? How do I solve it?

Thanks.

I have another problem since the update. Every time I go into a store, Siri stops working. Anyone know why? Anyone else having this problem? How do I solve it?

Thanks.

Go outside the store to use Siri. Siri requires a good signal. Many store buildings are built with a lot of metal. Metal interferes with wifi and cellular signals. I was in a church gym trying to send photos via iMessage. Wouldn't work. The gym was built with a lot of metal. Walked outside and sent the photos. That may not be your issue, but if it's not, I have no idea what else would cause that.

Okay, thank you. I will try it. It seems to work inside my motor and everywhere else. The thing I find really annoying is I never had this problem with the old OS. Before I upgraded, Siri worked wherever I happened to be. Gee, now I am worried that it might not work at the library!

Okay, thank you. I will try it. It seems to work inside my motor and everywhere else. The thing I find really annoying is I never had this problem with the old OS. Before I upgraded, Siri worked wherever I happened to be. Gee, now I am worried that it might not work at the library!

I doubt it's your phone or Siri. If not metal, it's likely some other interference with signal. My sister in law had similar issues at her job. Many things can disrupt signals. Lots of tall trees, big buildings, etc. And, it could be an OS bug.

I do not know.... I am retired. I am so seldom more than 5 miles from home that if I do end up farther away it is 6 p.m. news worthy. I frequent the same markets, etc., week after week and year after year. I have had the trouble several times now at one market near my home, and then last night I had the same problem at the Sprouts a little farther up the road. I go to these stores pretty much weekly. Never had this problem until I upgraded the OS. I hope it goes back to the way it used to be. This was one reason I switched from Android to iPhone. Too many signal problems with Android that I never had again once I went to iPhone---until now that is.

I do not know.... I am retired. I am so seldom more than 5 miles from home that if I do end up farther away it is 6 p.m. news worthy. I frequent the same markets, etc., week after week and year after year. I have had the trouble several times now at one market near my home, and then last night I had the same problem at the Sprouts a little farther up the road. I go to these stores pretty much weekly. Never had this problem until I upgraded the OS. I hope it goes back to the way it used to be. This was one reason I switched from Android to iPhone. Too many signal problems with Android that I never had again once I went to iPhone---until now that is.

Have you tried Reset Network Settings? Settings> General> Reset> Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Okay, I just did this. I will not know if it works or not until I go out somewhere again, but I will report back to let you know. Thanks! :)

Well, now Siri is not working at home. I have the little icon on my phone turned on, and my Internet on my computer is working, but the phone says I am not connected to the Internet. What now??

Okay, I figured it out. Thanks. Now all I have to do is see if it works away from home at the market, etc. The cashier last night said he had no problems with Siri or his Internet connection on his phone in the store, so I think it must just be my phone.

Well, I have bad news. I had to run an errand this morning, and whilst I was driving in my motor (stopped at a light), I tried to use Siri to place a call for me. Phone said Siri unavailable. This is what has been happening inside of the markets, too. I have the most up to date OS on my 5s. I never had this experience before I updated my OS. Not sure what to do. Should I call Apple??