What's new

YouTube,Jailbrake, and "Stuttering"

elmo0901

Reaction score
I have an iP4 that I jailbroke yesterday with redsnow. Today I've tried to watch some video over wifi and they freeze. If I tap on screen the menu controls come up and if I wait a moment and hit play again it seems to "catch up" for a moment and the stops again. I had a Cydia app of Flash installed and have removed it but hasn't helped. Anyone have any other ideas as to why this is happening?

I just tried mine, and if I let it buffer up for about 25%-50% of the length of the video, it works just fine. I am on DSL and am JB'd with redsn0w. Sometimes when the network is slow and I get just what your getting. Just let it buffer up and it should work fine, shouldn't be anything to do with JB'ing.

Thanks after respringing then rebooting several times it worked itself out. I didn't put the flash app back on either so not sure what was the problem, most likely USER error! Lol

Thanks after respringing then rebooting several times it worked itself out. I didn't put the flash app back on either so not sure what was the problem, most likely USER error! Lol

It was a connection issue, and yes rebooting, respringing help wake up the connection system on your device. Also a toggle of airplane mode and wifi on/off buttons help revive the connection. I get the same slow catchup stop like u was having when ever my connection is slow, and when i do those tricks i just mention up there, it works much faster.

Could either be connection issue or iphone was downloading something else as well, like checking for updates or something similar.

thanks for the yourtube video but i caught that on another thread. :) my video problem just seems to be what type of video it is, guessing HD or not. Didn't know if tweak/app that could fix it cause i'm impatient LOL. don't have a problem with Netflix or HBOGO