What's new

You are running out of storage ....email

Macette1

Reaction score
Has anyone decided to buy iCloud storage now that we have several devices. I am getting to the stage where I'm cutting out so many app backups trying to get back some space. I am really tempted...79p pm for 50gb. Or is there another way...

Has anyone decided to buy iCloud storage now that we have several devices. I am getting to the stage where I'm cutting out so many app backups trying to get back some space. I am really tempted...79p pm for 50gb. Or is there another way...
Have a look at Google Drive.
I got a lot of free storage on joining, I forget what you get now but I have 13GB still free.

Very confused what to do. Have a lots of searching to do. But it is very reasonable at minute.

Very confused what to do. Have a lots of searching to do. But it is very reasonable at minute.
Well have a look at it.
Its easy to use and lots of storage, I think you get 15GB free.

Yes will do. Do you just backup your apple devices to it instead of cloud. ? Or send particular stuff to it and not have cloud doing it.

Yes will do. Do you just backup your apple devices to it instead of cloud. ? Or send particular stuff to it and not have cloud doing it.
I just use it on my MacBook for photos.
I just drag my photos into folders, really easy.
I would think its the same for iPhone.

Yes I use Flickr for that. Just photos but still have run out. No photos go to iCloud I have that turned off. I think it's the amount I have iMac iPad iPhone and watch. Might have to bite the bullet.

Yes I use Flickr for that. Just photos but still have run out. No photos go to iCloud I have that turned off. I think it's the amount I have iMac iPad iPhone and watch. Might have to bite the bullet.
Let us know what you decide :)

Have a look at Google Drive.
I got a lot of free storage on joining, I forget what you get now but I have 13GB still free.

Exactly. I constantly am reminded of how much better other brands treat their customers. With a Pixel, Nexus, or even the short-lived Fire all your video and photo results are carted away and they even make artwork and slideshows out of them, and the space limits are beyond worry. Plus there are SD boosters of cargo space with various Android devices. With Apple, we have the brand, which does help with resale.

Exactly. I constantly am reminded of how much better other brands treat their customers. With a Pixel, Nexus, or even the short-lived Fire all your video and photo results are carted away and they even make artwork and slideshows out of them, and the space limits are beyond worry. Plus there are SD boosters of cargo space with various Android devices. With Apple, we have the brand, which does help with resale.
Apple does have the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.

Reactions: 933
Yes I think I might have to buy some storage from Apple it is very cheap. The other companies give more free but it's backup space I need for iOS devices. I don't have my photos going to the cloud, I use time machine for the Mac. But once you start buying storage it's going to be a lifetime thing because you will be over the free 5gb. I have turned off most unnecessary apps from backing up. I really think it's the fact we have more apple toys. Maybe one day we will get an allowance for each device....

For $2.99 a month I get I believe 200gb from Apple. Not that expensive and well worth it when you have 4-6 phones/tablets on one account!!! They have cheaper plans now too. Just some food for thought. I know there are free ones, but for how much data storage I get, $3 a month isn't hurting me!!!

I have had all my iPhones so far do backup on my MacBook Air over wifi when charging the phone on my bedside table.
It works great and I always have a fresh backup if something would happen to my phone.
And my MacBook Air does its own backups on my Time Capsule to be sure I don't loose anything.