What's new

Yosemite Is Here.

Apparently Java is safe enough, The advice is to make sure its updated as and when.

It is safe, but what I was wondering is what is trying to load and why the error message kept popping up, but I have a feeling it was like a Yosemite introduction/walkthrough... so far ive installed it and no annoying error messages have popped up, well see though.

I got the Adobe update as well and had no Java update pop up when updating to Yosemite.

I logged in for the first time and after I entered my iCloud details I got a window which was nearly blank, apart from a continue button and a back button which did nothing and would not let me use my mac so I could not force quit the window or anything, there was also an error message saying

"To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment" Click "more into..." to visit the website for the java runtime.."

I had to force shut down my mac and the error message went away (or so I thought) at least I had control of my mac, but the message kept popping up, I did not really want to install Java, but I have done, I read on a website that a few where having this issue with the beta versions of the OS.

I had the annoying sidebar of Favourites pooping on my screen every two minutes but I found in View that you can hide it, All trial and error.

I love the frosted look of the Dock and the menu and tool bars.

Have you used any of the Continuity or Handoff features yet? So far, I've answered phone calls on my MacBook and iPad.

damn it, just got back from a restaurant and there is the error message staring at me... grrrr

What is the error message?

"To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment" Click "more into..." to visit the website for the java runtime.."

I thought I did install it.. I clicked the link to the website and all seemed to go ok, will look at it again later

I thought I did install it.. I clicked the link to the website and all seemed to go ok, will look at it again later
Hope it worked for you this time.

Gosh that's frustrating. I hope you get that sorted!

Argggh! Yosemite is OK. <rant> But, I hate Safari. How in the world could they make the Toolbar font ANY SMALLER!!!! There is no contrast, the font size must be freakin 6 and the type is not bold at all. I'm simply going to have to switch back to Firefox so I can read the toolbar!!! It is beyond me that they won't let you customize the toolbar beyond adding a few lame items. <done ranting>

Argggh! Yosemite is OK. <rant> But, I hate Safari. How in the world could they make the Toolbar font ANY SMALLER!!!! There is no contrast, the font size must be freakin 6 and the type is not bold at all. I'm simply going to have to switch back to Firefox so I can read the toolbar!!! It is beyond me that they won't let you customize the toolbar beyond adding a few lame items. <done ranting>

Check under the "view" section and you should be able to customize the toolbar how you wish. Have a look there-perhaps it will help.
If you tap View, then "Show View Options" you'll get a pop up that offers several types of customization, including font size.
image.jpg
image.jpg

It isn't the ideal solution but to make the icons on the tool bar stand out more I roll the page up behind it and then you get some contrast through the frosted pane.