What's new

Yosemite Is Here.

it took me something like 8 hours to get it, but I am not a 2meg connection :D.. installed it, then it would not work properly because some java error message popped up and would not go away, then I had to force a restart and that did the trick...

I am liking the new design and look of Yosamite so far, will be fun playing around with it and then ios 8.1 on monday :D

Are there any options to do some customization of the Safari toolbars? I hate the low contrasting gray/black and small type on my Mac!

it took me something like 8 hours to get it, but I am not a 2meg connection :D.. installed it, then it would not work properly because some java error message popped up and would not go away, then I had to force a restart and that did the trick...

I am liking the new design and look of Yosamite so far, will be fun playing around with it and then ios 8.1 on monday :D
I'm looking forward to getting it, I might be tempted tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to getting it, I might be tempted tomorrow.
I've been on Yosemite since late July, I signed up for the public beta. I think you'll enjoy all the new features available. The first one that really impressed me was being able to answer a phone call on my MacBook. Then there's the ability to move from device to device while working on the same project and picking up right where you left off.

I've been on Yosemite since late July, I signed up for the public beta. I think you'll enjoy all the new features available. The first one that really impressed me was being able to answer a phone call on my MacBook. Then there's the ability to move from device to device while working on the same project and picking up right where you left off.
Thanks sci, It does look great.

I'm waiting for the initial rush to slow down, I'm thinking the servers will have been getting hammered.

if I can get it in 8 or so hours on a 2meg connection I bet you could download it a lot quicker, the file is just over 5GB

Never hurts to wait though, the release is not going anywhere.

if I can get it in 8 or so hours on a 2meg connection I bet you could download it a lot quicker, the file is just over 5GB

Never hurts to wait though, the release is not going anywhere.
I'll do it tomorrow, I'll post how it goes :)

I downloaded Yosemite today. It took me about 45 minutes to download and than another 18 minutes to install to my Mac Book Air. I needed to do all the checks in terms of back up, adequate storage, etc, before hand. However, so far so good.

I've moved my Dock to the right-hand side for a different look and also managed to answer a phone call on my Mac earlier today. iCloud Drive seems to be working well with all my devices too. Looks like a good install and update! :)

I downloaded Yosemite today. It took me about 45 minutes to download and than another 18 minutes to install to my Mac Book Air. I needed to do all the checks in terms of back up, adequate storage, etc, before hand. However, so far so good.

I've moved my Dock to the right-hand side for a different look and also managed to answer a phone call on my Mac earlier today. iCloud Drive seems to be working well with all my devices too. Looks like a good install and update! :)
That's good to hear, I may take the plunge tomorrow.

I really need to get an external hard drive though.