What's new

Yellowish display of IPhone 4 vs 3G

Mart_T

Reaction score
Hi folks, just switched from 3G to IPhone 4, noticed that the display of IPhone 4 is kinda yellowish/off-white vs that of my 3G... Checked/adjusted brightness settings already (same level for both phones) but nothing happened... Any reason/s behind this? Do I need to adjust anything?

Thanks in advance.... :retina:

Can u post a screenshoot of what u are talking about? That can talk much better. Just pull the brightness to 50% and make the screenshoot on different colors background white black etc... In case u don't know how... It's easy to take a screenshoot of your device, press home button and sleep/wake button at the same time, the screenshoot will be save in your phone camera roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The yellowish display that he is talking about is the fast work of apple... i did not think any more existed with the yellow spot but its the glue that apples manufactures did not let the glue dry properly and what some users where left with was a yellowish screen..

i am really surprised you got one.. was it a second hand buy?

I know about that yellow screen thing and i was also surprise that someone still complaining about that default nowadays that's why i asked him to post a screenshot but actually it should be a picture he should be posting for us to see what he's talking about. Anyway if it's that undried glue thing then i'm pretty sure that the phone is second hand.

It's easy to take a screenshoot of your device, press home button and sleep/wake button at the same time, the screenshoot will be save in your phone camera roll.

doing that probably wont capture the yellow part.. it has to be with another camera taking the picture not home + on/off from the iphone

I checked with a friend and we did not find the iphone4 screen was yellowish or something compared to his 3GS...maybe take it to the seller?

I checked with a friend and we did not find the iphone4 screen was yellowish or something compared to his 3GS...maybe take it to the seller?

Yes do that, if you judge that it's a manufacture fault.

so it was from ebay? and basically the seller sold it with the yellow glue screnw ith out saying anything, i think apple will replace it free, check with them