What's new

Yellow spot after replacing cracked screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherryhills

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
i´ve replaced my screen and lcd on my iphone 5 after it was totaly cracked.
Now the following is going on:
When i reasamble the phone and put the screen back, there appears a yellow spot on the top of the screen.
when i leave the screen disambled with the contacts connected, the screen is spotless.
does anyone reconizes this ?
Greetings
Peter

Hello everyone,
i´ve replaced my screen and lcd on my iphone 5 after it was totaly cracked.
Now the following is going on:
When i reasamble the phone and put the screen back, there appears a yellow spot on the top of the screen.
when i leave the screen disambled with the contacts connected, the screen is spotless.
does anyone reconizes this ?
Greetings
Peter
What do you mean by 'put the screen back'? Do you mean the scratch guard? And also what do you mean by 'contacts connected'? You may have to take it to the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple store, but be sure to reply to the above questions. Welcome to iPF and hope you have a good time here. Its a pleasure meeting you. :)

Here are some pictures:

Above is the yellow spot on the screen when it is mounted

The result of sliping my phone....

When i connect these to the phone and leave the phone unassambled there is no yellow spot, but when i put the parts together it appears.

Indeed, the wise thing to do is visit the apple store... but the price of repairing is way to high. I think in the Netherlands it's about $250 -$300.

Last edited:
It looks to me like the screen is under stress, meaning that something is keeping the screen from laying flat without uneven pressure. That's why it works outside the phone. When assembling, make sure that there's nothing slightly out of place, sticking up a little where it would force the screen into a little bit of a twist. I'm not familiar with how these screens are secured, but if there are clamps of some kind be sure that they're snugged with equal pressure. If it happens in the same place each time you assemble it, that's a clue that there may be something that's not right in the way things are put together.

I totally agree with Dave. Also make sure that it is not a problem with the screen itself. I think you should take it to the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple store. Good luck!

Ok, thanks for the reactions.
I take the unit apart again and go see where something pinches.
to be continued...

Another thing, is this an OEM screen? Cheap non OEM screens can give you problems.

Found it !
During the assembly there is a piece of the front camera cable being pinched between the digitizer and LCD screen protection. This caused the yellow spot.

Found it !
During the assembly there is a piece of the front camera cable being pinched between the digitizer and LCD screen protection. This caused the yellow spot.
Thats great, glad you found the problem.

As this problem is solved i will close the thread, thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.