What's new

Yahoo password always required.........

Drmax

Reaction score
....when I add a new contact. Is there anyway around this? I don't recall this being the case.

Last edited:
The built in apps shouldn't require a password when you add a contact. Make sure the settings for the account in Mails, Contacts, Calendars are right.

No settings to check. interesting enough, I can hit any one key for the password. It does not have to be my real yahoo password for the nagging request to disappear. Maybe has something to do with me having 3 yahoo accounts I use from my iphone 6? Just now I went to contacts and made up a name and number. It asked for password for one of my 3 yahoo accounts. I entered the letter Z. It saved the contact. I then deleted that contact. It asked for a password from one of my other yahoo accounts. I entered letter D and it removed. I have removed all 3 account from phone and have reinstalled. I also have properly I putted the correct passwords initially when promoted. Getting really old.

Last edited:
I removed and reinstalled each yahoo account. Added and removed a contact with no issue. Weird. Guess it's fixed

Removing email accounts and installing them again can fix problems like the one you experienced. I'm glad it's working as it should now.
Thank you for telling us your solution, it might help another member with a similar problem.

Nice! I do learn from here. If I face any sort of problem like this. I can solve this easily because I know the way.

Thanks all of them for discussion.

my yahoo account also constantly bugs me for password; and I have entered wrong one to see it go away but it'll pop up if I try to send email from that account. This is a primary one so I'm almost tempted to just get their yahoo email app so I quit running into this inconvenience

my yahoo account also constantly bugs me for password; and I have entered wrong one to see it go away but it'll pop up if I try to send email from that account. This is a primary one so I'm almost tempted to just get their yahoo email app so I quit running into this inconvenience
I've had that Yahoo pop up asking for my password. I just cancel it whenever it appear, with no apparent effect.

Maybe because I use mine a lot I get the pop up whenever I send or receive an email from my yahoo account; it's just an annoyance and wondering if using their secondary email app would be easier but that just seems inefficient