What's new

Yahoo mail won't load messages anymore

Afrodesia

Reaction score
Mail has been working for the past few months and this morning it won't load messages, new or old, anymore. I turned phone off & on, did all the typical stuff in settings, moved inbox contents to a newly named folder, but nothing works. It'll tell me its checking & will even tell me its loading them after a while but then nothing shows up. Verizon just said that Yahoo mail sucks & it is problematic. Is that really the answer??? Out of nowhere it just quits working & I have to abandon my Yahoo address if I want to use the mail on my iPhone & not have to use Safari to do it?

Thanks for any help. I'm a novice & newbie to the forum but figure there are smart peoples here!i

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling it. You CAN use the native email app that the phone came with. That's what I use for my gmail and never had an issue. Yahoo mail app does suck though

Sent from my cellular device

It's quite simple to fix really. Mine did the same thing after I updated my phone to ios6. Then my mail quit updating
and I had to go to Safari to read my yahoo mail. It really has nothing to do with Yahoo. Really, all you have to do to fix this problem, worked for me anyhow and it was simple! First, go to ur settings on ur iphone, then scroll down and tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars, ect., (under icloud) then under accounts, tap on yahoo! then tap DELETE ACCOUNT and then add yahoo again and re-enter ur username and password as if u were to sign in on an computer. And WALAH! Easy and there u have it! Hopefully it worked for u as it did for me. Good luck!

Last edited: