What's new

Wraparound text in Contact names

jmt356

Reaction score
Wraparound text in Contact names
The names of my Contacts are often so long that they get cut off on the right of the screen, even when viewing the iPhone horizontally rather than vertically. Is there a way to get the names to wraparound so that they do not get cut off?

All you can change for the Contacts app, is in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Contacts.
Wraparound text is not possible, as far as I know.

You can reduce the size of the letters in Settings - Display & Brightness - Text Size, in case you didn't already.

Does changing the size of the letters impact only the letters within each Contact itself or also in the list of Contacts that appear if I search for a term? Ideally, I want to change the latter without changing the former.

The list with the search results will appear in the same text size as the contacts.

You can't change one without changing the other.

Thank you. I found the setting to change the size of the text of my Contact app names in Settings | General | Text Size.

However, editing the size of text in that setting only appears to change the size of the font of my Contact names, not of the actual content within each contact when opened.

There should be a difference
image.jpg

image.jpg