What's new

Worth Jailbreaking my 4s???

valleyboy22

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first i phone and its a 4s,which i had the day they came out. Two questions really to ask and hope i will get a good response from it?
Firstly is it worth having it jailbroken and what are the advantages ad dissadvantages
Second is can i remove it if my phone happens to develope a fault and gotta take it back to the store?

Cheers all and await some opinions

It's definately worth it. I like being able to change any line string to say whatever I want. So now when people try to get into my phone instead of please retry password it says something less subtle. I also love that I can change my keyboard color, add docks, theme however I want, and basically anything you can think of.

But for more info check out this page: http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/thinking-jailbreaking-but-not-sure-13086/

I used to have an android and loved how I could customize almost everything. Now I get the best of both worlds, the power and amazingness that is the iPhone 4s and the customization of android/other smartphones. And if anything ever happens to your device where you would need to send it in, or take it in all you have to do is restore your phone using itunes and be on your way. That will get rid of every trace of a jail break. Hope this helps.

Also check here: iPhone Jailbreaking

And here: Hacking Tutorials & Guides

Personally i think it worth to wait some time for another JB tool version to be release. Reading feedback of the 4S JB through the forum doesn't give me the feel to JB mine now. But if you need to root or you need some important tweaks/apps from cydia and can't wait then JB, you have nothing to lose after all. And yes, you can just factory restore your iPhone incase it has anything which require you to take the iPhone to Apple store for fixing.

Personally i think it worth to wait some time for another JB tool version to be release. Reading feedback of the 4S JB through the forum doesn't give me the feel to JB mine now. But if you need to root or you need some important tweaks/apps from cydia and can't wait then JB, you have nothing to lose after all. And yes, you can just factory restore your iPhone incase it has anything which require you to take the iPhone to Apple store for fixing.
what makes you say that? are some people having an unstable JB? i did mine a the day the windows version came out (like a day after the mac) and so far, nothing has gone wrong and no crashes or anything

but back to your question OP, YES ITS VERY WORTH IT!

what makes you say that? are some people having an unstable JB? i did mine a the day the windows version came out (like a day after the mac) and so far, nothing has gone wrong and no crashes or anything

but back to your question OP, YES ITS VERY WORTH IT!
Yeah i have been reading about instabilities of the iOS after JB, but i could take the plunge and try it out myself, but soon i will not have enough time to deal with it in case it start giving troubles. So i better wait when it get more stable and when most cydia tweaks/apps receive major perfect updates. In one word i'm not in hurry about JB my 4S.

Do it! It gives you increased functionality. It gives you access to a plethora of themes... if thats your cup of tea. Not to mention its heaps of fun .....again if thats your cup of tea. :)