What's new

Worst jailbreak experience..

bhupengaitonde

Reaction score
I had the worst jailbreak experience. I jailbreaked my iPhone 4 with IOS 6.
It seems that due to the tethered jailbreak that I was experiencing force closes and reboot loops. But overall the worst experience with nothing special to talk abt the apps after JB.
Please don't take it the other way but I restored my phone back to IOS 6 original immediately.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

If you dont like ios6 you can go back to ios5 :) Just make sure you have the shsh files saved for 5.1.1

It's not that I don't like IOS 6. It's the jailbreak hype. I had a iPhone 3G long back which was jailbreaked. Since 2008 to 2012 nothing much has changed in the jailbreak apps just for a few tweaks. And yes the easiest way to jailbreak. Other than that.. Nothing so special to go for the jailbreak.
Sorry but that's my personal opinion. Other might find it interesting. I am definitely going for Samsung note II.

People need to understand that this JB is brand new!! There's gonna be bugs and kinks to work out. But hey.... enjoy your Note 2!!

They just don't want to learn. Once again, this JB IOS 6 is just for developers. It has many bugs. You just need to wait for a stable unthetered JB. It will come one day. For now, those who can't live without JB, stay on 5.1.1. and be patiente. My case also :)

I had the worst jailbreak experience. I jailbreaked my iPhone 4 with IOS 6.
It seems that due to the tethered jailbreak that I was experiencing force closes and reboot loops. But overall the worst experience with nothing special to talk abt the apps after JB.
Please don't take it the other way but I restored my phone back to IOS 6 original immediately.

Thanks.

The jailbreak works perfectly...it does what it was designed to do...only draw back it's TETHERED...

NOT ALL Cydia tweaks/apps are compatible with IOS6.0..

So expect crashes/loops....if you are blindly installing stuff from Cydia...

They just don't want to learn. Once again, this JB IOS 6 is just for developers. It has many bugs. You just need to wait for a stable unthetered JB. It will come one day. For now, those who can't live without JB, stay on 5.1.1. and be patiente. My case also :)

An Official Tethered jailbreak is out ....no longer just for developers...

In cydia, when an app is not compatible with IOS, it is in blue color. Otherwise it's regular black.
I tried Siri. Not working. Many themes not working. Dreamboard is not working. BiteSMS not working. SB settings causes force closes.
All above not work just cause a reboot loop suddenly. It's a headache as u are not always with ur laptop for the tethered boot.
As per my observation nothing is stable in this IOS 6 tethered jailbreak. So I restored back to stock. It's more safe and stable.
But definitely waiting for the untethered jailbreak for IOS 6 and also the apps updates to this IOS.
Thanks friends.

Thomasjtsi said:
People need to understand that this JB is brand new!! There's gonna be bugs and kinks to work out. But hey.... enjoy your Note 2!!

I understand ur point friend. But since 2008 to 2012 nothing special has happened in the apps or tweaks section. The jailbreak part has definitely improved. It's fast and very easy.
Try searching for some news on the IOS 6 development required or expected with beautiful app details / widgets, and much much more. Not of that sort in jailbreak. Then why to jailbreak when u get the same 4 years old boring stuff.
Still thanks for ur reply and I really live my iPhone and will give it to my wife.

stef_stef said:
If you dont like ios6 you can go back to ios5 :) Just make sure you have the shsh files saved for 5.1.1

I'm trying to jailbreak my iPhone 4 and I'm trying to go back to 5.1.1 but I don't know how to do all this I'm new to the jail break

In cydia, when an app is not compatible with IOS, it is in blue color. Otherwise it's regular black.

NO, it is important to be clear. This is NOT correct. The colour blue against an App in the Cydia Store indicates that it is a paid app which must be purchased for money. It has absolutely nothing to do with the apps compatability.

Developers are able to set the compatability and dependencies of their apps and tweak when they package them up to be posted on a repo, but it is an entirely optional / voluntary process. A good developer will be dilligient about specifying the exact compatability of their package. A lazy developer may not specify anything. In that second case, the tweak may install on every device and every version of IOS, but may well crash or break! Nothing is guaranteed.
Paid apps in the Cydia store usually have much better compatability and dependency settings than other free tweaks and apps, which is probably why you made this mistake!

I think this clearly indicates that it is very worthwhile trying to learn as much about jailbreaking as possible before embarking on it. Use the forum and ask questions. Don't simply make assumptions about the way things are supposed to work! :D
We have lots of useful sticky threads and tutorials which explain a lot of this stuff. I highly recommend them to everyone for reading before jailbreaking :)

I hope you have a better experience when the untethered jailbreak for iOS6 is released!

it'll say whether or not you device is compatible when you press install and before confirm, it'll show a red box or a message saying that your device is compatible and it'll also tell you what exactly is causing this incompatibility

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The jailbreak works perfectly...it does what it was designed to do...only draw back it's TETHERED...

NOT ALL Cydia tweaks/apps are compatible with IOS6.0..

So expect crashes/loops....if you are blindly installing stuff from Cydia...

An Official Tethered jailbreak is out ....no longer just for developers...

Yup, thanks for that. I just downloaded newest Redsnow, so I might think about the JB now. I never switch off my phone, so the fact it's a tethered JB doesn't mean anything to me.
But, let's consider this. As far as I understand, the release of IOS 6.0.1, even 6.1 is close, at least according to what can be found on the net at the moment. So, with that new IOS, this present JB could be again in trouble, right. Just maybe, all JB developers are just waiting for that new IOS to be released, before they start the serious business with JB and all the apps and tweaks compatibility from Cydia. I have i4, so I don't mind trying all the options, since I can always go back to IOS 5.1.1, but I can just imagine how those, who have 4S updated to IOS 6 and can't live without JB, feel right now.