What's new

Wireless router connection problem

Roger May

Reaction score
I use a Technicolour 582N router and am trying to connect my new Apple iPhone 5c to use it wirelessly. If I set the router settings to "new stations are allowed (automatically)” , the 'phone connects without a problem, but if I set the router to "new stations are not allowed", having first checked the "allowed on WLAN " box in the iphone page, the 'phone refuses to connect. I have typed the password in when required (correctly I am sure) but it still fails.

I use Windows 7, 64 bit.

Help please.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Roger May!

Do you use Encryption when you select "New stations are allowed (automatically)"?

The iPhone will connect automatically as soon as it finds the network, and the password is entered correctly.
On your iPhone, go to Settings - Wi-Fi. Select your connection and tap "Forget This Network", you'll find this at the top of the page.
Then set up your Wi-Fi again on the iPhone, make sure to enter the password correctly.

If this doesn't work, there might be a problem with some of the settings of your router. Contact Technicolor to get help with your problem.

Thanks for the reply.
I do use encryption already.
I am not sure that we understand each other. I have no problems at all with connection when I use "new stations are allowed automatically". The problem occurs when I try to use "new stations are not allowed" having first ensured that my I Phone is a permitted one. I have been able to use this setting when connecting Kindles and a laptop wirelessly so why is it not possible with the 'phone?

OK thank you. I am trying to contact Technicolor but they rather discourage customer contact.
I will have a look at the link you kindly gave me.