What's new

Wireless Charging

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I was just thinking that it would be really nice if they made something like a little pad that sits on a desk or table top or whatever, and all one had to do to charge one's phone was to lie it on the pad---no wires.

Maybe I have been overexposed to tech stuff to think of such a thing, but does anyone know if this would be possible? Do any mobile phone makers have a wireless charging pad or similar system?

I do it everyday with my iPhone 8; the X has wireless charging too, both being in the standard spec. The pad could have come from Apple, but I went to Amazon. You can retrofit to other iphones apparently with add on hardware, which couples up to the lightning connector.

Ha! Well I did not know this. Guess I am still behind the tech curve! (LOL)

I find it really great. It is so simple to put our two 8’s on charge in the morning and hence there is no messing about with the lightning connector ( or possibly breaking the connector.)

^^^ Exactly! I should have known I would not be the first one to think of such a thing.

Next we'll have pads that won't have to plug in to provide power, they will be inductive also. After that we will be charging from all the EM randomly flitting about (but only if someone is making a profit off of it. We are still too many years away from Roddenberry's Universe)