What's new

Wireless Charging!

I plan on mounting one in the console of my Corvette. I think thst will be cool. Wonder if it’s magnetic like the watch one ?

I have been using the 7 plus since it came out in a wireless charging case, it is great, but obviously it covers up my lightning port and I have to pull out the little lighting insert in order to charge with the regular cable, that blows

I do have several pads (fast charging) with a higher amp output around the house

I have a wireless charging pad from my galaxy devices... but I never use it. I guess I am not as thrilled about this feature as others.

Definitely excited for the wireless charging feature with the new line of iPhones, but I think I want to hold out for Apple’s own wireless charging mat, AirPower.

The regular cable and charger is still included. The wireless charging pad is an optional accessory.

I bought a 6 ft cable several years ago that works great. I can still watch videos etc while charging. I don’t care about wireless as I can’t use my phone on the flat pad. I’ll stay with my cable.

FYI , for those looking at existing wireless charging pads.

I bought a Belkin 5W/1A charger for Qi/PMA smartphones and I was unable to get it to charge my iPhone 8 Plus. It would bump up about 2%, then the pan would flash RED and stop charging. According to the instructions, flashing RED means there’s a metal foreign object sitting on the pan (like car keys). I’m going to assume the pad is fine and the iPhone 8 is just not compatible with this charger. Does anyone know what model works with the iPhone 8?

View attachment 36632

View attachment 36633