What's new

Wiping all Cydia Tweaks without Restoring and Rejailbreaking

Good afternoon and thanks in advance for any help I get. I came upon this forum after searching online for a way to restore my iphone without upgrading to IOS 8. I am on a 16gb 5S that I got at the beginning of this year, and I jailbroke it on IOS 7.1.2 when the pangu jailbreak came out earlier this year. Since then my phone has been lagging quite a bit. For example, sometimes when I try to use a web browser, whether safari or chrome, I'll have to wait several minutes and sometimes they pages won't load at all. It's the same with some apps as well - notably facebook. I notice that sometimes when I'm not even using any apps, the "loading circle" will be at the top of the screen as though my phone is trying to do something, even when I manually close out all apps. I searched google and found a page on "GottaBeMobile iPhone Android and Mobile News Reviews" that suggested using SemiRestore and/or iLEX RAT. The repo given on that page was "iLEXiNFO s Repository - MyRepoSpace.com", and it freezes with the progress bar on the bottom almost halfway through, and it says "Done: Packages" above it, and at the top of the screen it says "Updating Sources". After waiting about a minute, a bunch of yellow errors come up "Failed to fetch......." followed by a red error "Some index files failed to download.....". Also, the repo listed above in this thread only gets about 10% finished on the progress bar before freezing and giving me the same yellow and red errors.

After this, I tried downloading semi restore, and both chrome and AVG say the file is not safe. AVG Identity Protection lists the threat name as "IDP.Trojan.DABBE047". That was downloaded from a link on the "gottabemobile" site - after Chrome blocked me from downloading it, I downloaded it using firefox instead and when trying to run the file, it was again blocked by AVG. I then tried downloading SemiRestore7 via the link in this thread, and it again was blocked by chrome and told me that the file may be harmful.

I've searched and haven't been able to find anything saying that the file is unsafe to run, but I'd really like someone else's advise before I do so. Also, if there is something else that I should try instead to get my phone working properly again, at this point I'll try anything.

Sorry for the length of this post - I know I get long-winded sometimes. I just wanted to make sure that I gave all the details necessary and again, I really appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

The first post has the direct links that are on the SemiRestore website. AVG is renown for false positives, and Chrome sees most archives or .exe applications under a megabyte as unsafe.

SemiRestore updated for iOS 8 support. Links have been updated in the first post.

I have attempted to use iLEX R.A.T. option 12, when I get to step 4 (remove Mobile Command Terminal?) it does not recognize the command:

eg4wap.png

What am I doing wrong?

I have attempted to use iLEX R.A.T. option 12, when I get to step 4 (remove Mobile Command Terminal?) it does not recognize the command:

eg4wap.png

What am I doing wrong?

ILEX rearranged the option choices if you look at the option list. I actually haven't touched ILEX RAT in a while and have been favoring SemiRestore since it's a bit cleaner than ILEX RAT. I'll get ILEX RAT running on my devices and re-do the ILEX RAT portion.