What's new

Wiping all Cydia Tweaks without Restoring and Rejailbreaking

Backup your device completely using iTunes, use Semirestore to completely wipe your device except for your barebone jailbreak, then restore from backup. That'd be the better option.

Otherwise, you can just use ILEX RAT's option 1, which will wipe only jailbreak tweak and setings, but leaves your user data/settings intact. Option 12 is the one that completely wipes your device including user data/settings. You're looking more towards option 1, or a backup + Semirestore

Yeah, my problem with semi restore is that I don't have access to my own laptop currently and the passcode lock on my phone means I cannot be read on other devices I think, so I can't back it up :( I think I'll go with the ILEX then as the best option and I can PM with any problems I encounter. Is that okay? And is there any way ILEX might accidently wipe everything? Thanks

OK, I understand the device is still jailbroken. How do I restore the jailbroken apps that were integrated into the settings menu like color keyboard. They have all disappeared after running semi-restore. Color keyboard does not have it's own stand alone icon, so I can't access it. I have retried uninstall and reinstall.

I figured it out from another forum and I hope this helps other if they run into the same issue. Reinstall mobile substrate and preference loader (must be a hacker user in cydia).

my gf was going to try this. her cydia disappeared but is still jailbroken. you think this would help get cydia back?

my gf was going to try this. her cydia disappeared but is still jailbroken. you think this would help get cydia back?

Assuming its a tweak she installed, yes. Generally ever methods will essentially "fix" our jailbreak-related issues because it bris it to a 'brand new out of box jailbreak' state.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

This is very useful thanks willerz, just now i used ilex rat it works for me pretty cool. This latest version doesn't even require mobile termina and ssh kind of things. once again a big thanks for you.

This is very useful thanks willerz, just now i used ilex rat it works for me pretty cool. This latest version doesn't even require mobile termina and ssh kind of things. once again a big thanks for you.

I personally don't recommend the GUI method of doing it since in some cases it can bug up. There've been mixed reviews on it but ID rather not chance it particularly for A5+ devices

I've decided to remove Semirestore completely since the developer is no longer maintaining the utility, and being that the utility is far from an acceptable proficiency rate, it's best to use ILEX R.A.T.

Assuming its a tweak she installed, yes. Generally ever methods will essentially "fix" our jailbreak-related issues because it bris it to a 'brand new out of box jailbreak' state.

Where to get semi restore???

I've removed semi-restore for the fact that its extremely buggy and no longer has developer support. ILEX RAT does the same but better

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

Tested and working on iOS 7.0.4 jailbroken pre-A7 devices

Replaced MyRepoSpace repository with a new repository that's more consistent and won't crash on you constantly. Packages are still the same but more consistent for your convenience. Also note that I've added the iLEX RAT "2.0" in addition to the "1.0". 2.0 was designed for iOS 7, but 1.0 will still work on iOS 7 devices.

EDIT: Thread updated to include 7.0.5 and 7.0.6 in the compatibility.

SemiRestore7 released and tested, and it's fairly very well on iOS 5, 6 and 7 including ARM64 devices. At the moment it's only released for Windows. I will update the links when they become available.

To remind users and readers again, ILEX R.A.T. and SemiRestore7 requires that you be jailbroken, and both WILL NOT resolve file system issues that arouses from selecting "Erase All Contents and Settings" in Settings.app. If you tap on that option, you MUST and will be forced to restore your device completely. There is no going back or any alternatives.

Linux 64-bit version of SemiRestore7 has been released. Link has been added in the first post. 32 bit Linux will be added once @coolstarorg uploads it.

Good afternoon and thanks in advance for any help I get. I came upon this forum after searching online for a way to restore my iphone without upgrading to IOS 8. I am on a 16gb 5S that I got at the beginning of this year, and I jailbroke it on IOS 7.1.2 when the pangu jailbreak came out earlier this year. Since then my phone has been lagging quite a bit. For example, sometimes when I try to use a web browser, whether safari or chrome, I'll have to wait several minutes and sometimes they pages won't load at all. It's the same with some apps as well - notably facebook. I notice that sometimes when I'm not even using any apps, the "loading circle" will be at the top of the screen as though my phone is trying to do something, even when I manually close out all apps. I searched google and found a page on "GottaBeMobile iPhone Android and Mobile News Reviews" that suggested using SemiRestore and/or iLEX RAT. The repo given on that page was "iLEXiNFO s Repository - MyRepoSpace.com", and it freezes with the progress bar on the bottom almost halfway through, and it says "Done: Packages" above it, and at the top of the screen it says "Updating Sources". After waiting about a minute, a bunch of yellow errors come up "Failed to fetch......." followed by a red error "Some index files failed to download.....". Also, the repo listed above in this thread only gets about 10% finished on the progress bar before freezing and giving me the same yellow and red errors.

After this, I tried downloading semi restore, and both chrome and AVG say the file is not safe. AVG Identity Protection lists the threat name as "IDP.Trojan.DABBE047". That was downloaded from a link on the "gottabemobile" site - after Chrome blocked me from downloading it, I downloaded it using firefox instead and when trying to run the file, it was again blocked by AVG. I then tried downloading SemiRestore7 via the link in this thread, and it again was blocked by chrome and told me that the file may be harmful.

I've searched and haven't been able to find anything saying that the file is unsafe to run, but I'd really like someone else's advise before I do so. Also, if there is something else that I should try instead to get my phone working properly again, at this point I'll try anything.

Sorry for the length of this post - I know I get long-winded sometimes. I just wanted to make sure that I gave all the details necessary and again, I really appreciate any help that anyone can give me.