What's new

Will Verizon have the iPhone next year?

Will Verizon have the iPhone next year?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
if yea that will stop a lot of ppl buying from att to unlock it for gsm cards, but then will it have verizon network what ever it is and the ability to use gsm sim cards also? use up more space? or will the american iphones be different and have the verizon network and outside of us have gsm?

either way i think yes because even the ipad has verizon now

I think it will be a good move for Apple to have more than one carrier for the iPhone.
It will make the phone more accessible and will further boost their sales.

if yea that will stop a lot of ppl buying from att to unlock it for gsm cards, but then will it have verizon network what ever it is and the ability to use gsm sim cards also? use up more space? or will the american iphones be different and have the verizon network and outside of us have gsm?

Personally, I think it would be a wakeup call for AT&T if they would lose the exclusive. Although I heard a horror story about Verizon today, I will vote for Verizon although I know nothing about them.

Actually, I would like it best if one could buy the iphone not locked to any provider and be able to chose who you want to buy your "gas" from (Internet Service).

At the risk of sounding stupid, what is a gsm sim card? Thanks.

ist2_238669_cell_phone_sim_card.jpg

Its a memory chip used by to store subscriber information. It allows you to change phones with out changing numbers.

Its a memory chip used by to store subscriber information. It allows you to change phones with out changing numbers.

thanks for that :) nice picture ...

Personally, I think it would be a wakeup call for AT&T if they would lose the exclusive. Although I heard a horror story about Verizon today, I will vote for Verizon although I know nothing about them.

Actually, I would like it best if one could buy the iphone not locked to any provider and be able to chose who you want to buy your "gas" from (Internet Service).

well i know nothing of att either.... btw i read on the apple website att wont do unlock in the usa.. so you have to either swap your iphone 4 for a factory unlocked one or just jb an dunlock it....

but verizon they dont use sim cards i am told right? so that would take up more space in the iphone wouldent it if they had the ability for gsm and the network that say verizon uses...

it would stop loads of buyers who go to america to get the phone and never plan to use att just to get it a few bucks cheaper if they had verizon network on the american versions of the iphone..

but you guys should have the choice to buy it and use with any carrier you want not who they want...

even in the uk they had it locked to o2 up until the iphone 4....

An answer with a picture at the same time is awsome. Thanks.
Recapture:
A sim card is currently in my iphone 4 with contract with AT&T
A gsm sym card is more desireable because you can take it out and use it again without losing your number. You can use it in Europe? How do you get it? I am still a little lost.

Recapture:
A gsm sym card is more desireable because you can take it out and use it again without losing your number. You can use it in Europe? How do you get it? I am still a little lost.

we use the gsm network in europe also.. we use those sim cards and the micro sims you see int he iphone 4. its the verizon network that we dont use in europe, i forget what they use, but its not gsm sim cards

Recapture:
It's found at a slot the side of the iPhone, you can use your AT&T sim in Europe
if you contact AT&T and activate roaming services. The iPhone 4 is quadband so in theory you can use it on any continent.

it would be cheaper for her to use a sim of that country... but for att they would rather she use att more money for them... sucks that americans who produced the iphone and you guys cant even chose what carrier to use unless you buy it elsewhere sim free or jailbreak it.. whats up with that

it would be cheaper for her to use a sim of that country... but for att they would rather she use att more money for them... sucks that americans who produced the iphone and you guys cant even chose what carrier to use unless you buy it elsewhere sim free or jailbreak it.. whats up with that

I understand roaming charges are quite expensive. I will have to do a price comparision. It makes sense to be able to use the AT&T sim card in Europe with roaming charges. After all today's world is supposed to be uncomplicated with all that technology and you should not have to switch the sim card (for a price of course). :) I will look into it and once I have reliable information, I will post it in order to take the guess work out of it.

it is less hassle using the att because you dont change number, but when i go on holiday usually i keep my same sim unless i go to england then i buy a british sim lol.