What's new

Will the NSA have your finger print now ?

Why of course. And track when and where you are as you touch the button. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Why of course. And track when and where you are as you touch the button. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net
Lol... and so many millions of fingerprints? I think only the criminals and wrong doers should worry (maybe worry). I don't worry... what on earth can they do with all the fingerprints? What can they do with mine? I think they should be the ones that should worry about it, as any action where your fingerprint is used to harm you, will directly asked for an explanation from them....By the way, according to Apple, the info on the fingerprint is embedded and Apple can't use it. I think it's just a story for people with imagination...

Good for them ;p not sure what they would do with mine if they had it but its not something i've even thought about

I couldn't care less. The Government has had my prints for years. I'm sure they have found me a boring guy.

If someone really wanted your fingerprints, all they would have to do is follow you around and retrieve them. How many fingerprints are left behind as we go through our daily lives? Those utensils you use at the restaurant. That paper you handed in at school. The handle of your car door. If the government really wanted something on you they know how to get it with or without your approval.

This fingerprint worry is just another issue fabricated by those who won't feel comfortable until they are in control of every aspect of life.

Last edited:
As Alfred E. Newman says: What? Me worry? :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happens to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

If someone really wanted your fingerprints, all they would have to do is follow you around and retrieve them. How many fingerprints are left behind as we go through our daily lives? Those utensils you use at the restaurant. That paper you handed in at school. The handle of your car door. If the government really wanted something on you they know how to get it with or without your approval.

This fingerprint worry is just another issue fabricated by those who won't feel comfortable until they are in control of every aspect of life.

Big difference between someone in a black coat and sunglasses following you around to get fingerprints and pair it with data they would have to investigate to get...vs. having readymade data at their fingertips, literally.

And if you believe the NSA couldn't get ahold of your fingerprint info off your phone if they wanted to....I have some swampland in Florida to sell!

It may be quite a stretch to think that they would want info on every person that ever buys an iPhone at this point, but in the future? Who knows?

And no, I don't want to so much be in control of every aspect of my life, but I certainly don't want the govt in control of it!

Last edited:
Big difference between someone in a black coat and sunglasses following you around to get fingerprints and pair it with data they would have to investigate to get...vs. having readymade data at their fingertips, literally.

And if you believe the NSA couldn't get ahold of your fingerprint info off your phone if they wanted to....I have some swampland in Florida to sell!

It may be quite a stretch to think that they would want info on every person that ever buys an iPhone at this point, but in the future? Who knows?

And no, I don't want to so much be in control of every aspect of my life, but I certainly don't want the govt in control of it!

Black coat and sunglasses? I've worked with government people and have never seen this. It's not that I don't believe that the NSA could retrieve the fingerprint info from my phone, it's that I just don't care. What would they do with it? So they know who I am, who I know, where I live, what I buy, etc., I don't see a problem with this. I don't allow information on my devices, save for the Apple ID, that isn't publicly available or that I wouldn't want the public to see.

I think I would have been approached by now if I had been breaking any laws.

Sorry, I shoulda put a "wink" in there... :) I wasn't trying to pick a fight, but I don't think anyone should discount fears of abuse by the NSA after all we've learned lately. And the reference to black coats and sunglasses was to make light of your statement about people following you around to get your fingerprints. LOL!

I haven't broken any laws either, but doesn't make it right for the govt to have access to our lives at the deep level they have gotten to! Just my two cents... :)

Sorry, I shoulda put a "wink" in there... :) I wasn't trying to pick a fight, but I don't think anyone should discount fears of abuse by the NSA after all we've learned lately. And the reference to black coats and sunglasses was to make light of your statement about people following you around to get your fingerprints. LOL!
Ah, fair point.

I haven't broken any laws either, but doesn't make it right for the govt to have access to our lives at the deep level they have gotten to! Just my two cents... :)
You may be spot on. I don't keep up with what the government does, I figure they'll ask me if they need anything. I would think that investigating me would prove so boring they'd give up while they still have some semblance of sanity.

Right at the launch of the iPhone the people at Apple had announced that they are not keeping the copy of fingerprints any where on their server so I don't think there is any need to worry about it.