What's new

Will Mario Run require internet to work?

XDRoX

Reaction score
Someone on another forum just posted that Super Mario Run requires wifi or an internet source to work?
True or false?
Thanks homies...

True. According to it's creator, Miyamoto, you need an internet connection at all times.

Are we allowed to curse on this forum?

Yes, they eluded to the fact that the wifi required feature is to fight piracy.

Yes, they eluded to the fact that the wifi required feature is to fight piracy.

That's even worse. Forcing people to have internet access to play just so bad pirates don't steal the game is silly. I've already seen pirated copies on droids so obviously nintendo isn't as clever as they think. :mad:

I'm a firm believe in paying for great content.

If everything is stolen, then why bother developing great games for a platform where you can't make any money from it anyway. I'll pay my $10 gladly in hopes that we can get bigger and better games in the future. Support the artist.

That's bad, lucky for me I use iPhone as phone only and play games on computer and bigger screen.
But it would be nice to play our Mario sometimes on favorite cell phone without internet connection.

People buy usually iPhone and they are ready to pay some content and apps, games, for me iPhone after jailbrake not worth as original.
That action somehow destroy image of shiny iPhone.
Only is good because people could restore him, because if jailbrake is forever that would seriously drop price of used iPhone from my perspective.