What's new

wifi question

rjconley2

Reaction score
Hi, If I'm using wifi and have data off, I don't get charged right??

Can I use messenger from wifi for free???

Thank You

rjconley2 said:
Hi, If I'm using wifi and have data off, I don't get charged right??

Can I use messenger from wifi for free???

Thank You

You won't be charged..you're alright. Any app you use over wifi won't be charged to your data. Even while 3G is on.

The iPhone uses wifi first. If it's not available then it goes to 3G.

To use wireless you would have to get a wireless router, which hooks up to the internet connection. The wireless router will then send out the internet wirelessly so you don't have to plug into the internet. Here is a little diagram.

Okay i'm going to borrow this topic, so as I am coming to the States, I'd like to know, that when I buy the upcoming iPhone 5, and AT&T prepaid plan, but I started to think, that can I use the wifi connection at public places such as malls, coffee shops, citys and so on without going to be charged about it, and without buying that damn data plan? Because if I'm going to be unable to do that, and I will be charged to use WiFi, the iPhone 5 stays at the shelv of the apple store by me, untill my exchange year is at its end.

backbreaker said:
Okay i'm going to borrow this topic, so as I am coming to the States, I'd like to know, that when I buy the upcoming iPhone 5, and AT&T prepaid plan, but I started to think, that can I use the wifi connection at public places such as malls, coffee shops, citys and so on without going to be charged about it, and without buying that damn data plan? Because if I'm going to be unable to do that, and I will be charged to use WiFi, the iPhone 5 stays at the shelv of the apple store by me, untill my exchange year is at its end.

You could use wifi free of charge if the location you're at doesn't charge for access but they shouldn't.