What's new

Wifi issues since update to 5.1.1!

gixxersixxer

Reaction score
I dont know if this is a problem for everyone updated to 5.1.1, but since I updated... Wifi will disconnect itself when the phone is left in sleep for a few minutes and the phone does not remember the wifi network/password! I have a 4s, it was previously jailbroken to 5.0.1. I was having battery issues so I restored as a new phone and updated to the latest ios. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Th phone is suppose to disconnect from wifi when it sleeps...then reconnect when you wake it.

However...it should not forget the password. It should connect as soon as you wake the phone again.

Does this still happen how that you restored an setup as new?

It started happening only after the update and restoring as new. The phone does not reconnect after waking...

Whether I manually disconnect wifi or put the phone in sleep it does not remember the network password.

gixxersixxer said:
Whether I manually disconnect wifi or put the phone in sleep it does not remember the network password.

That is strange.

Have you tried to reset network settings?

Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings.

The phone will reboot...you will have to reconnect to the wifi network...hopefully it doesn't forget the password after sleeping.

Tried all that same results. Wifi does not reconnect and network settings are not remembered. Actually if I go into that network... I no longer have the option "forget this network"...

Very helpful! It never happened to my wifi connection but if it does, then I know what to do. Thanks zig and good luck gixxer!

I had the same issue with my home wifi. I resent the Comcast box and the router. Since then... Flawless.