What's new

wifi greyed out

Pk23

Reaction score
Hey new member here. I was wondering if someone could help me . My wifi isn't working the logo is greyed out. I've got an appoint at a Genius Bar next week. But I've got a little crack at the top of the screen. Will they still agree to replace/repair my phone? Would appreciate anyone's help thanks.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!
They will repair/replace your phone, including the cracked screen but unless you have a current AppleCare+ policy for your iPhone you'll have to pay for the screen replacement. Cracked screens are not covered under the standard warranty.

Last edited:
I'm not fussed about the screen it's not really bad just in the top corner. Just wondered if it would affect if they would repair the wifi fault. Thanks for replying.

I'm not fussed about the screen it's not really bad just in the top corner. Just wondered if it would affect if they would repair the wifi fault. Thanks for replying.

The thing is that if your WiFi problem is a hardware issue, requiring a repair, Apple won't repair the WiFi without repairing the screen. Apple doesn't do partial repairs.

That's fair enough I don't mind paying for my screen fix. If they fix the hardware problem for free as that should be under warranty?

A hardware failure should be covered under the warranty. Apple will tell you exactly what the cost will be before the repair is started.

Ohh okay thanks for your help.

But what if the crack in the screen caused the wifi not to work

It's not the crack I've had that for ages it's since the new IOS update I've had the problem

How much is it for apple care plus

I think it's about £79 and you get 2 claims in that price

Ahh yeah but if I buy it now and take it in when my appointment is will they still repair my phone as they will see I've only just purchased applecare+

Apple will likely want to see the phone before selling you AppleCare+ to ensure there's no pre-existing damage.

BTW, the cost of the AppleCare+ and the payment for an accidental damage claim are together more than the full price if the screen repair.

Last edited: