What's new

wifi bug on 6.1.3

qwertyjjj

Reaction score
So, I now have the well known wifi greyed out bug (4s) and even though I updated to 6.1.3 it is still not fixed.
Do I have to roll back to version 5 to fix this and if so, do I have to jailbreak to do that?

Last edited:
You can neither jailbreak nor downgrade iOS 6.1.3 on the 4S with or without blobs.

You can neither jailbreak nor downgrade iOS 6.1.3 on the 4S with or without blobs.

So, I'm stuck with it now? no wifi, no ability to unlock?
can't i rollback somehow?
Also, how long before a new jailbreak for 6.1.3 might be out - are we talking weeks or months?

Last edited:
As far as I know, there is no WiFi bug of 4s phones with iOS 6.1.3. What is the problem that you are seeing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

As far as I know, there is no WiFi bug of 4s phones with iOS 6.1.3. What is the problem that you are seeing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

check all these : https://www.google.com/search?q=iphone+4s+wifi+greyed+out

Basically, I cannot turn wifi on or off, it is just greyed out. It started yesterday when I had 6.1 and I updated to 6.1.3 but it is still there.
This has been a bug reported to Apple by many people since Nov 2012.

Perform another DFU restore using iTunes. That solves the problem in all cases I've seen.

Last edited:
If you're still under warranty, bring it up with apple and potentially get a new one. Otherwise, I guess you might have to try the blow dryer / freezer method

If you're still under warranty, bring it up with apple and potentially get a new one. Otherwise, I guess you might have to try the blow dryer / freezer method

and failing that wait for a jailbreak and rollback to v5?
anyideas how long before a 6.1.3 jailbrek appears (weeks or months)?
Is there any other way to flash the firmware / chip?

It doesn't matter whether or not a jailbreak is out. Jailbreaking does not affect your ability to downgrade. The 4S cannot be downgraded. There won't be a jailbreak for A5+ devices on iOS 6.1.3.

There won't be a jailbreak for A5+ devices on iOS 6.1.3.

So I cannot jailbreak anymore at all?
Has Apple prevented jailbreaking? I thought under US law this was legally allowed.

Last edited:
It's not whether Apple allows it, it's whether there is a jailbreak available. Jailbreaks rely on exploits and vulnerabilities on the iOS or on the device itself or both. They don't spontaneously come together. Jailbreaks have to be made and coded

It's not whether Apple allows it, it's whether there is a jailbreak available. Jailbreaks rely on exploits and vulnerabilities on the iOS or on the device itself or both. They don't spontaneously come together. Jailbreaks have to be made and coded

So, when I restore shouldn't it restore the earlier 6.1 version as well or are they separate?
The hairdryer trick worked but remains to be seen whether it cuts out when it cools down.

Last edited:
No. Restoring on a 4S means restoring to the latest version ONLY. Unless you're on iOS 5 and are re-restoring.

used the hairdryer method, that worked for a month but now the problem is back.
Also, the battery drains very quickly now (whtin 24hrs).

This seems to be a common hardware problem, I have seen many many posts on it. Shouldn't Apple do a recall or give out new phones under consumer law (even if it is out of warranty)?