What's new

Why don't reminders work? The alerts won't work? Help!

Pharper

Reaction score
When I set a reminder the alerts aren't going off. Is there a setting to fix this issue???

Hi, Pharper, welcome to iPhoneForums!

Sorry, I can't help, but I do hope somebody will reply soon.
In the meantime, I've removed your other thread with exactly the same topic. Two threads would have made it hard to follow for everyone, and it's certainly easier to get a solution when every reply is in one thread.
Please keep the discussion of your problem to this thread. Thank you!

For ex: when I say to Siri, remind me at 5:00 pm to call Tom.
The alert that should go off at 5pm does not?
I've checked sounds, and it's set?
I'm not sure why the heck it doesn't, but it hasn't since I bought the phone last year and I depend and used the reminders all the time on my iPhone 5s!
Please help.

I think JA is right. Two ways to do this. Settings>iCloud>scroll down to reminders and toggle it on. Then go to Settings>Notifications>Reminders>and toggle that on as well as the type you of notifications you want, especially alert style.

Um yeah I thought I explained reminders are turned on. Yes they are also turned on in cloud

Have you verified Siri actually created the reminder and for the correct day/time?

Yes the reminders show up. I noticed the other day when I shut my phone off and when I turned it back on, a reminder went off? Also, I tested it a few days ago, and it shows 2 "overdue" reminders?

Ok I just did what J. A. suggested and it appears that, that is the issue! I changed the sound to a different one, and it works....put it back to the default sound again and it doesn't work? Switched again and it works!
Thank you! I wonder why the default sound doesn't work? I like it best, lol.
Thanks for your help!

On my iPhone SE with iOS 10.3.3 I never had any difficulty with 'Remind me on a day'. With 'Remind me at a location' the behaviour seemed to be unreliable, and, worst of all, the reminder would sound between 4 and 8 minutes after I had arrived or left. This might have had something to do with moving into or out of my Wi-Fi, but surely Reminders should work without Wi-Fi?

I had great hopes for the upgrade to iOS 11, but now that I have installed the public release of iOS 11 I am very disappointed to find that Reminders 'at a location' behaves (misbehaves) exactly as before. I am not using the default sound, but have chosen 'Anticipate'. I have not yet had time to try other sounds; but a fanciful thought occurs to me: perhaps the name 'Anticipate' is too much of a time-travelling challenge and makes the phone react badly!