What's new

Why does it take forever to synch?

Voidchaser

Reaction score
Maybe it's the new iTunes but it takes me almost half an hour for the phone to update itself when I synch it to my pc. It stays on "importing photos" forever and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue but it's SO annoying to be chained down when I just want to add a couple songs; I imagine it would take four times as long if I did it over wifi

Have you tried unchecking the option to sync your pics? You can also uncheck the option to sync apps as well.

It may be caused by large data on your iPhone. If your photos doesn't take too many of your storage, I would suggest you to change a USB port or something. I have no problem syncing 1.6 GB photos and videos from my iPhone 5 to the latest iTunes though. :)

that's why I'm wondering if it's just a problem with the 6. I did have a LOT of pics synched to my phone but even when I only had less than a hundred pics it still takes it 20 mins when I have no new pics added to the folder. It might be the port because when I use the other front port it doesn't recognize the phone as being connected. I never used to have a problem before but it's so aggrivating that I dread hooking the phone up at all.

Have you tried unchecking the option to sync your pics? You can also uncheck the option to sync apps as well.
I did uncheck them once and it didn't prompt me with synching pics but still takes a long ass time; problem is I like having those couple folders on my phone so why should I have to choose

Unchecking the sync option will not change any pics or apps on your phone. They will remain "as is" on the phone.