What's new

Why all the hate on the battery?

I have had my 6 for a week, and at normal (e-mail and some texting) usage still have 35 % battery after 5 days....

The widgets do seem to eat battery, but the phones are doing well.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

How do we know this? I've added a few widgets but never really see any battery decrease

I finally found an app that will kill it. I went golfing yesterday for the first time since getting the phone. GolfLogix uses the GPS constantly and most of the time I leave the screen on. However, I still went 12 hours without charging it! Of course I had 4% left when I plugged it in, but hey, it made it 12 hours and 4 of them were golfing. Throw in an hour of NetFlix and you got yourself a full day. I was going to charge it on the way home, but forgot i had a charging cable in my truck. Still, pretty impressive. My G3 required a full charge prior to getting to the golf course, then a charge on the way home to get me through the remainder of the day. Here's a screen shot for you battery junkies:

IMG_0056_zps6f877623.png

All the YouTubers keep saying that the iPhone 6's battery life is not good, but I don't see it. Yesterday I did the following: (This is a typical work day for me)

• Starting at 3:30am by reading email.
  • Then for an hour on my way to work, streamed music.
  • At work played a few games several times during the day.
  • Checked email most of the day.
  • For 10 hours a day my signal at my desk is crap. Usaully 1X, so I have to have the WiFi on.
  • During lunch watched a 40 minute episode of Leverage on NetFlix. (Not on WiFi as work block NetFlix streaming. I am able to maintain a LTE signal in the breakroom all-be-it around -109 dbm.)
  • Streamed music for an hour back home.
  • Went for a 45 minute walk while streaming music.
  • Played a few more games and went to beds around 8pm.

The phone had 49% battery life left when I plugged it in. 49%! My G3 was usually around 10-15% by the end of the day. No. The 6's battery is not horrible. In fact, it's battery life is out-freekin'-standing compared to most other phones that are not Apple. This is astounding when you see that the iPhone 6 has a 1820 mAh battery and the G3 has a 3300 mAh battery! All I can say is that haters gonna hate. Consider me an Apple convert from Android.

Every battery is not equally created by the manufacturer; some may have battery life of 49% while other have more than 50% capacity. Consumer choices are important when shopping for any type of iphone.

My uncle used to have a iphone 4s, one day she went to sleep and suddenly the iphone went off ! there was smoke and fire. I also have a Iphone 4s and before I go to sleep, I turn off power !
You're uncle's a she? Smoke and fire just turning it off?

This issue may happen when one uses third party charges. I must admit the post did not make much sense.

I've always had very positive experiences with the battery life on all my Apple devices, often lasting for days and days. They generally last longer than any of the competitors I've used. I can't imagine people complaining about it unless they have a bad battery.