What's new

Who's super excited about the release of the Airpods tomorrow or Friday?

XDRoX

Reaction score
I've been waiting for these things since the last keynote. I was in a chat with an Apple rep last week and she promised me that the Airpods would be released one day this week, and so if they come out tomorrow or Friday, who's super excited? :D

Come on Apple, release those little guys!!!

I'm on the fence about them bcuz its first generation new technology that I'm sure will be significantly improved in 12 mths like everything else of course. Because I own a pair of ROAM ropes earbuds, that are excellent, I'm not compelled to have to purchase them but I want some. If they were $99 they would be owned ...no question. Its just a high price tag for a product I don't "need"

Sent via my Sexy Matte Black..256g..i7 Plus using Tapatalk [emoji57]

I'm on the fence about them bcuz its first generation new technology that I'm sure will be significantly improved in 12 mths like everything else of course. Because I own a pair of ROAM ropes earbuds, that are excellent, I'm not compelled to have to purchase them but I want some. If they were $99 they would be owned ...no question. Its just a high price tag for a product I don't "need"

Truth: Do Techie's NEED half of the gadgets we purchase [emoji848]

Very true. I currently have no others so the price is an easier pill for me to swallow. Plus, I'm not expecting great sound quality out of these little buds, but they do look fun to play around with and to wear.

Apple is really pushing the envelope at $160, you're right about that. That pretty much prices most kids/teenagers out of the equation. Lucky for me, I still act like a kid, just have a job, lol.

Not sure if I would buy them but I'm interested in finding out more.

My next day off work will be Monday so a visit to BestBuy may be in order.

I'd prefer to buy from Apple but you can't ignore BBs reward scheme. It gives a reasonable discount.

$230 or thereabouts with tax in. It's quite a hit but probably worth it.

Its one of those things where its just an extra gadget if I buy them and honestly had I not purchased $200 ROAMS (which I happened to nab for $135) I would burn the cash for them but I just can't justify that purchase right now. Its just gluttony at this point. Honestly, I'm not in the mood to pay for being Apple's beta tester. I believe this is a release I need to wait for round two on. Unless, I manage to destroy my current earbuds somehow. The ROAM earbuds sound great btw.

Until a couple of years ago, we had no laws in Alberta about texting and driving. Now, all that has changed. Initially, the distracted driving law was simply a fine, and if I remember correctly, not a particularly heavy one. Now it's up to $287 plus 3 penalty points on your driver's licence. And now I hear there are moves afoot to make it a criminal offence.

I've tried using BT hands free devices. Whoever designed them did not have human ears, or perhaps I don't.

The cost is justifiable to me because the potential fine is far more than the cost of them. That's before you add in their ability to play high quality music selected from a locked phone using Siri.

Until a couple of years ago, we had no laws in Alberta about texting and driving. Now, all that has changed. Initially, the distracted driving law was simply a fine, and if I remember correctly, not a particularly heavy one. Now it's up to $287 plus 3 penalty points on your driver's licence. And now I hear there are moves afoot to make it a criminal offence.

I've tried using BT hands free devices. Whoever designed them did not have human ears, or perhaps I don't.

The cost is justifiable to me because the potential fine is far more than the cost of them. That's before you add in their ability to play high quality music selected from a locked phone using Siri.

I'm not saying they are TOO expensive period. Dot. End. I'm just expressing that because I recently bought a pair of BT headsets that I can't see buying another pair in less than a month for another pair at that price again. I don't have a problem laying down the dough its just too soon after what I spent for the highest price device and a $200 pair of headsets & the fact that they are first generation, I would like to get some feedback on quality and functionality.

Well, I hope to be able to give you that feedback here. I intended writing a review for this forum as soon as I saw them.

By the way, my wife is going to kill me when she sees them, so I hope everyone appreciates the sacrifice I'm making.

"You spent $200+ on WHAT????"

Well, I hope to be able to give you that feedback here. I intended writing a review for this forum as soon as I saw them.

By the way, my wife is going to kill me when she sees them, so I hope everyone appreciates the sacrifice I'm making.

"You spent $200+ on WHAT????"

Lol. ROAM ROPES...I Managed to get for $135
55cd068e964424c23b1af27a042f5299.png

It is made by the same dude behind BEATS, the box attached is an amp. It also has a dedicated app in the app store.

The are surprising light as a feather amp and all. Doesn't bother me at all which is surprising. I like to accessorize my wardrobe and I thought the amp would be a deal breaker but I could care less. This design is perfect for me and long commutes into the city (NYC)& work outs.
(okay this is not a thread about ROAM...I know [emoji85])

Last edited:
You can get better for less already,I don't understand the fuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk