Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Undecided..

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering who's purchased or going to purchase the new Apple TV?

I still don't get why I would need yet a other thing to hook up to my tv? I haven't looked into it that much tbh. People are saying Google tv is going to be way better but I have direct tv, bluray player and can download whatever I want from the intrawebs... So what does this thing give me that these other things don't?

while the apple tv looks good, i think ill stick to downloading my movies and tv eps. not going to buy it. plus it has restrictions doesent it, depending on what country your in you get different shows?

Not me , im not gonna buy it, i have the old apple tv 160gb model which is enough for me:)

We got AppleTV for Xmas and we're really looking forward to having movies anytime we wanted. Signed up for Netflix (free 30 day trial) and hooked the bugger up.
We found that our internet speed is no where near what's required to download or stream videos over the net. Normal speed here with DSL (ATT) is .25-.29 Mb/s. You need at least 5 Mb/s from what I hear to stream effectively.
Called ATT and no go. No greater speed available in our area. (Los Angeles/Eagle Rock area).
So, it's going back to the apple store today.

I even bought one of their Airport Extreme boxes trying to get more speed out of our existing connection. A slight improvement but not much. May keep that as it lets me print to our printer over our wireless connection.

Sad, really wanted to have the fun of instant movies anytime we wanted them.

How do I use the apple tv as a hard drive. I have movies, and tv shows on my computer. How do I transfer them or make a copy of them and store it on the apple tv

Watch all your iphone movies, videos, or pictures on your tv without having to plug in. Access any movie, photo, video, or song from any iTunes library on any computer in your house to your tv without hooking up any wires. Make a slideshow of all the pictures you want stored on any pc in your home using any music you select from any library using any playlist you create.
Are you kidding? It's the best 95 bucks I've ever spent! Nevermind the access to flikr and online move services which we don't even use.

I just love Apple TV. The use of my iTunes account, the link to my iTunes library on my computer, the link from my devices. Rentals, new and old movies, TV shows, Internet (Netflix,YouTube, MLB, NBA, etc.). Buy movies and TV shows and they download straight to my iTunes library... The use of the remote from my devices. Their is not one bad reason to own Apple TV!

iPhone 4 16gb black iOS 4.3.4 iTouch 1st gen 8gb, 2nd gen 8gb, 3rd gen 32gb iPad 16gb iOS 4.3.4

I bought a refurb for about $84; as I don't have cable TV and wanted a Netflix streamer with a reasonably good interface. Had a Seagate Theater+ HD, thing was so laggy I couldn't stand using it; PLUS it needed a wired ethernet connection. Picked the Apple TV up as a replacement, and couldn't be happier. Coupled with the "Remote" app on my iPhone, it works very well.