What's new

while updating my 3gs to iOS 5.1.1,usb got loosened and now cant exit recovery mode:(

taimur_3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I had another iphone 3gs with iOS 4. something. I was updating my cellphone to iOS 5.1.1 via cydia, the process began but during the process I realized that the usb wire wasn't tight and hence I pressed it a little to make sure its tight. While doing so, something happened and the process stopped.

Now my iphone is stucked in the "Recovery mode". I tried to get my cellphone out of the recovery mode through Tinyumbrella, but it just enters the recovery mode right away.
$tinyumbrella.jpg
Please help me get my iphone 3gs fixed :'(

Put the device into DFU and restore fresh

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Put the device into DFU and restore fresh

Tried a lot to put the device into DFU. But while doing so , the phone launches back into "Recovery mood" every single time.

This time though, the phone was put into DFU mode but I received the error:
$error.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a flashed iPad baseband on the device?

Do you have a flashed iPad baseband on the device?

I don't have any idea what it means :/
But what I did was, while selecting the 5.1.1.ipsw from Extras>Even more>Restore when I was presented with the screen whether I want the redsnow to preserve my baseband or not right? I clicked on No and by this way I was successfully able to update my iphone 3gs to iOS 5.1.1 :)

But there is a problem, it seems that I cannot jailbreak my iphone now. There appears a message stating something like "Rocky Racoon" and at the bottom of the window is written "activate your device first". I don't have the official sim with myself though. Please help

Jailbreaking with RedSn0w should hacktivate your device at the same time. Using Absinthe does not hacktivate it.