What's new

Which jailbreak do I need?

ardchoille

Reaction score
I've been reading lots of jailbreak posts but am still confused about which jailbreak method I need. Once I find the correct method I'm sure I'll be fine from there. I have the iPhone 4S and Settings > General > About > Version states: iOS 5.1 (9B179). I think only greenpoison is available for my phone at the moment. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Guccie said:
The only way to Jailbreak te iPhone 4s is if its one 5.0 or 5.0.1. so you are outta luck

Ah, so that's why I was having trouble finding the proper method for my phone/version.I don't feel so dumb now :)

All you can do is just unlock only I have the same issue on 5.1 on my 4S too, I'm waiting for the 5 anyways I hate the 4s and apple better have 4g lte on the 5 or it's android for me!! But good luck

All you can do is just unlock only I have the same issue on 5.1 on my 4S too, I'm waiting for the 5 anyways I hate the 4s and apple better have 4g lte on the 5 or it's android for me!! But good luck

You can't unlock either. The Gevey Ultra SIM is not compatible with the 5.1 4S baseband.