What's new

Which do you prefer? telephone or writing a letter?

Your idea is good! Though writing letter now a days is like a fashion. Most of the people do this for keeping their tradition or remind past memory. But mostly I like phone than writing a letter.

I still have real pens that need filling up with bottled ink, Thats one of the things that i still love, These days when we do any writing its usually the ball point pen.

My parents had one of these pens, and I was allowed to write with it from time to time.
When I was in elementary school, they still taught penmanship classes and we used fountain pens to practice our handwriting skills. This was in the mid 1960's.

My parents had one of these pens, and I was allowed to write with it from time to time.
The thing is with Fountain pens is that they are a one person pen, Only the owner should be allowed to write with them as we all write differently.
I'm left handed so my nib will be used to my slant.

When I was in elementary school, they still taught penmanship classes and we used fountain pens to practice our handwriting skills...
We too. We used those with ink cartridges.
The thing is with Fountain pens is that they are a one person pen, Only the owner should be allowed to write with them ...
That's something I didn't know.

Last edited:
That's something I didn't know.
I have a lovely solid Silver one that was a Christmas present from my hubby a few years ago and when we're at antiques fairs and i get it out its much admired, Occasionally i have been asked if they can use it so i carry a ball point pen as well so as not to offend by saying no.

I have a lovely solid Silver one that was a Christmas present from my hubby a few years ago and when we're at antiques fairs and i get it out its much admired, Occasionally i have been asked if they can use it so i carry a ball point pen as well so as not to offend by saying no.
Sounds like it's precious to you, and I can understand that. :) I still like writing with pens. They allow a good grip, and most of them look better than a ball point pen.

Sounds like it's precious to you, and I can understand that. :) I still like writing with pens. They allow a good grip, and most of them look better than a ball point pen.
Don't know about you but it has to be Black ink for me.

I prefer writing, but it's a long time since I've written a letter. At this time of the year, I used to send Christmas cards, but now I simply send emails.

Writing an email is sort of writing a letter, imo.

I like your comments. Yes, writing an email is sort of writing a letter. But writing letter by using hands and writing email by using hands and computer. So, there is something differnent.

I like your comments. Yes, writing an email is sort of writing a letter. But writing letter by using hands and writing email by using hands and computer. So, there is something differnent.
Thank you!

Of course it's not exactly the same. :)

Last edited:
nice.. do you have any idea or a place where we can buy such pen?
You can buy Fountain pens at good Stationers, Mine came from a Jewellers shop in our town, I'm sure you could buy them on Amazon too.