What's new

Which apps do you use for NEWS?

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
I find myself using the new NEWS tab in the Spotlight search screen every once in a while. But its more like I'll click it if I happen to be on that page, rather than when I want to get the latest news.

Often times I'll just open Google and search for news.

I use one News specific app, but it doesn't seem to be good enough to check when I'm just looking for whats important when I wake up in the morning.

Which apps do you use for your daily dose?

I'm using Safari. I've bookmarked the site I read regularly, and that's where I read the news. Maybe there's an app for the site, but I don't use it.

I'm using Safari. I've bookmarked the site I read regularly, and that's where I read the news. Maybe there's an app for the site, but I don't use it.
LOL I was hoping for something more exciting than that.

Oh, well, you've revealed my true self - I'm boring. :)
I don't quite believe that, from the things you post on here, but I wont fight you on it.

I use Flipboard which kinda looks similar to the News app that comes pre installed
Yeah, for the same reason I don't really use the News app, I stopped using Flipboard a few weeks after I downloaded it.

Seems like Twitter is quickly becoming the source for instant news.

Unfortunately a lot of times none of the information is vetted properly on Twitter. You have to take it all with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately a lot of times none of the information is vetted properly on Twitter. You have to take it all with a grain of salt.
Like all of the times twitter said things like Charlie Sheen has died, or something.
I'm also not interested in the most popular news, I'm interested most in news that has actual value to my life, my country, my world. I don't care what Selena Gomez said to the Beibs.
Although to be fair, on the same token, too many "respectable" news sites contain click bait of the same caliber.

i.e. from CNN right now:
Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 4.22.21 PM.png

#PleaseStopDistractingMeFromActualNews

Like all of the times twitter said things like Charlie Sheen has died, or something.
I'm also not interested in the most popular news, I'm interested most in news that has actual value to my life, my country, my world. I don't care what Selena Gomez said to the Beibs.
Although to be fair, on the same token, too many "respectable" news sites contain click bait of the same caliber.
Wait!!! Charlie Sheen is DEAD?!

RT News App. No fluff, no celebrity news. Just world/USA news without any political spin. Their USA TV channel (in the app) is great to watch and no commercials except for a few breaks to advertise other shows.

RT News App. No fluff, no celebrity news. Just world/USA news without any political spin. Their USA TV channel (in the app) is great to watch and no commercials except for a few breaks to advertise other shows.
Seems interesting, but when I search the app store for RT News, all I get is Russia Today news. Do you have an link to the app you can share?