What's new

Where did my picture go?

RedAlert

Reaction score
I have an app for hd wallpapers on my phone and found a pic today I wanted to save. I clicked the download box and I got a notification saying something to the effect of "allow email to access photo camera roll- allow or cancel". I clicked cancel without thinking and the little box came up that said downloading image, but I cannot find it anywhere. I do not have photostream or icloud set up nor activated so I'm trying to figure out where it could have gone to. Pre ios6, it used to save directly to cameraroll

Last edited:
I had an email come through with a picture attached to it that I really wanted to save. I hovered over the pic until the save image prompt came up, and chose save photo. I got a notification saying something to the effect of "allow email to access photo camera roll- allow or cancel". I clicked cancel without thinking and the little box came up that said image saved, but I cannot find it anywhere. I do not have photostream or icloud set up nor activated so I'm trying to figure out where it could have gone to.

Because you hit cancel, it did not save. The email program you used hasn't been updated to show a proper response for the lack of access to the camera roll.

I suggest you got to Settings -> Privacy -> Photos and set the switch for your email app to ON and then you will be able to save the photo.